This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

symbol removal

anyone know how to remove the H symbol from the trunk? is it just double sided tape or are there prongs into the trunk itself?? i want to ask before i mess with anyhting
    REPPIN' THE DIRTY
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...27#post1570627

i jus popped mine off wit a flat head screw driver

Backyard Customs
    Originally posted by xprojectcb7x
    why would you think people at auto zone would know what they were talking about?
    Building Fund: $0
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...="0" alt="" /> CLICK IT!!

Comment

Originally posted by byc_cb7 View Post
      i jus popped mine off wit a flat head screw driver
      is it all double sided tape or are there prongs? nd how would i go about putting it back on. i wanna paint it black
      REPPIN' THE DIRTY

Comment

its double sidded and taped just take a small flat head and pop it off
        Out of a job yet? Keep encouraging people to buy American. 500 of the biggest, most profitable American companies make more than half of their profits overseas! You Jackass!

Comment

its both. there is prongs AND tape around the outside edge of the circle that goes around the H.
          Kyle C

2002 Accord Sedan EX - standard- daily status

1991 Accord Wagon LX - auto - 304K & slipping transmission

Comment

i just pulled mine out

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by jst_4_kiks View Post
              its both. there is prongs AND tape around the outside edge of the circle that goes around the H.
              thanks man. cause i vaguely remembered some cbs with 2 holes with the symbol removed but wasnt sure
              REPPIN' THE DIRTY

Comment

mine (a 1990 lx 5spd sedan) had 2 holes in the trunklid, and i shaved them (temporarily just with bondo, going to be welded before too long). all the other badges were just stuck one i believe.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                  mine (a 1990 lx 5spd sedan) had 2 holes in the trunklid, and i shaved them (temporarily just with bondo, going to be welded before too long). all the other badges were just stuck one i believe.
                  My 91 EX has the same 2 holes, I also used Bondo.. Bondo will hold up fine for a very long time if you prepped the area properly, no need for welding - unless you absolutely must/want to.

Fiberglassing from the backside (if you can get your hands in there) then bonding would be a permanent fix, since you could sand the bondo down to metal-level for a perfectly smooth surface

-mak

Bought From: MadSpleen85, jimy, CB7_ACCORD (kouzie), Chrisfrom1986
                  Sold To: vinbon63, chessboxer, darkfusion42, LowNknoxville, bowzil, 1993hAccord, mcdizzle, 93accordfreak, lilb_1979, rocketman_471, Bad_dude
                  Traded With: cb95spd, chessboxer, sohc em
                  [ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

There are 2 prongs on the back of the honda emblem too, that'll leave holes behind. The accord and trim level (DX,LX,EX) emblems are just held on with tape.

BTW the DIY section isn't for asking questions, its for posting DIY's. This really should be in the appearance section.
                    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

i took off my symbols and see that I have some touch up paint cracks that I will need to do. anyone recommend anything for frost white cb?
                      REPPIN' THE DIRTY

Comment

Working...
                      X