X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Query (1pc Headlights)

Basically what i want to do is obtain some OEM? 1pc lights

Has anyone attempted to gut a set of 1PC Black(or any colour) Projectors, and replace them with 2PC OEM internals?

I couldn't find anything on the subject with the Search command.. Aside from that you cannot buy them.

Any thoughts? Surely somone is as crazy as me, and has attempted this (Not everyone writes a DIY)

This:

Plus this:

And then Blackhoused
    Built & Boosted.

It would most likely take more work than it's worth - that is, IF you can't pull it off in a clean fashion.

I'm pretty sure that the USDM two-piece headlight housing is recessed further back than USDM corner housings are. So when they're placed together (you're also going to have ≈4mm gap between the headlight casing and the corner casing that will have to be resolved), it's going to take a lot of precise fabrication.

Then you need to keep in mind that your materials must be able to resist high temperatures from normal headlight use...

It's possible, of course. Just slightly impractical.
    My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Well, there's plenty of plastic avaliable on those Black Projectors to use to fill the 4mm, if it looked like it would work i'd gladly mutilate them for the cause

However i'd still be forking out $150 to buy the Black Projectors, and have them shipped.. Which kills the idea, unless i could have a garuntee it'd work with a little effort..
      Built & Boosted.

Comment

Originally posted by Jccck View Post
        Well, there's plenty of plastic avaliable on those Black Projectors to use to fill the 4mm, if it looked like it would work i'd gladly mutilate them for the cause

However i'd still be forking out $150 to buy the Black Projectors, and have them shipped.. Which kills the idea, unless i could have a garuntee it'd work with a little effort..
        Yeah, shipping on those ebay parts is often quite murderous. It could definitely be pulled off if it's planned out well enough.

Comment

Yeah no kidding on the shipping
          If nothing else, i can just blackhouse my lights, buy new clear(no reflector) corners and blackhouse the lot (Bumper blinkers included)

It'd be a great project though, if not me, i hope somone attempts it
          Built & Boosted.

Comment

ya i thought about this but the aftermarket plastic is very cheap and ull be polishing lenses every 2 months from my personal experiences
            frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

aww_shiet has ebay projector housings retro'd to s2k

his look dope and ive never heard him complain about the lens sucking penis...

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

I've wondered this as well. A buddy of mine has a da Integra, he just bought some 1 piece aftermarket headlights, non projectors. I wish they had em for our cars. I too was wondering if there was someway you could take a projector headlight apart so you had the single piece of glass, but fab up a 2 piece headlight behind it and make it work, or look decent.

Comment

someone put aftermarket 1 pc headlight clear lense over jdm 1 piece headlights for the integra--seemed to fit ok.

Last edited by ikayto; 09-27-2009, 01:13 PM.

Comment

I was thinking of doing this diy, i still have another set of projectors laying around. I was going to do it before i did the ones on my sig.
                    Last edited by CB7_91/DX; 09-27-2009, 10:21 AM.
                    My ride History:
                    Accord 90 lx auto: Gone
                    Accord 91 dx MT: Gone
                    Accord 92 lx auto: Gone
                    -----------------------------------
                    1st to D.I.Y custom RED/CLEAR's

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                      someone put aftermarket 1 pc headlight clear lense over jdm 1 piece headlights for the integra--seemed to fit ok.

Awesome.

I was thinkin of this for the past few weeks. Having 9091corner lense removed, And the glass lense of the 9091 headlight, and using ebay 1 piecer lense, which r plastic, puttin them all together will b interestion. I'm so worried over the fact will it line up nicely.
                      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

That is much simpler than Jccck's idea because the headlight is already one piece.

Still neat to see. I wonder why they scrapped the OEM cover for those, though?

Comment

Originally posted by Joshy View Post
                          That is much simpler than Jccck's idea because the headlight is already one piece.

Still neat to see. I wonder why they scrapped the OEM cover for those, though?
                          oem jdm headlight lense are fluted and not clear for the DA.

Comment

Not bad.
                            My ride History:
                            Accord 90 lx auto: Gone
                            Accord 91 dx MT: Gone
                            Accord 92 lx auto: Gone
                            -----------------------------------
                            1st to D.I.Y custom RED/CLEAR's

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93...Q5fAccessories

Those are the headlights my buddy got for his da. Why can't they have something like that for Accords, damn it!

Comment

Working...
                              X