No announcement yet.

ENG: Adjusting FIV for erratic idling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, page 3 and it's still the "white thing". Does anyone know what that thing is called?

Comment

who cares, its the one that causes all the god damn problems!
      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

so u guys are saying that that white thing couses the idle to jump while the car is hot???????????????? wtf i thought that was the cold idle valve. because behind the intake there is a vacume line going into it on f22a engines. check it if its disconectd. and manula and automatic cb7 have two different places of where that goes. its uper and lower. one of them should be pluged.
        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Hey I have the same problem with my f20 A that i have in my 90. my mechanic can't figure it out really either. Mine does it when it is cold in the morning it goes from 1000 to 2800 rpm and revs for a few minutes until the car warms up. but then sometimes it will idle really low like it is gonna stall out and sometimes it does. grr! I have had this problem for almost a year. Does anyone have any suggestions???

Comment

finaly somethin 2 help me out wit dat freckin idle. that is so annoying.

Comment

lol i guess it is idle messing up season cause all our idles r messing up lmao GO HONDA!!!!!
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I wish it wasn't so damn cold out!!! (you further-north people shut up... it's cold enough for me!!!) I have so many things to do to my car, and I can't get up the cajones to go do it in the cold! I need a garage...

Comment

hey u and me both lol except it doesn't get to bad its just that damn wind that gets ya
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

so then adjusting this valve will take care of bouncy idle while hot correct? cus mines does it all the time not only at start up.?????
                    I Ain't cocky,I'm confident.And when u say im the best it's a compliment.!

Comment

Lol YES! we found that out today bro when dfresh stuck his finger on it..

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

dfresh put his finger on the pcv valve nipple. but it still bounced the idle. i think ronnie messed with that valve b4 so he musta left it a little loose. ima double check it tomorrow mornin b4 i got to werk.

Comment

yeh i was talking to one of my many mechanic friends(no homo) and he tells me, that since the valve works of the cooling system to check the sending unit. im getting a code 6 on the cel, its the temp sensor( sending unit)*right? ima change it and see if its that. if not then ima have to look into maybe a new fiv thingy or some ghetto solution!

Comment

well the thing is that first u guys got to make sure that all the vacume lines are conected. specially if u have an automatic make sure that on the drivers side behind the intake manifold that vacume line there is conected. and one should be with a cap.

the white thing is the cold idle vave cap. that tells the ecu how much the rpms should be when u start it in the morning. usually it should be around 1600rpm..... if ur car idles like shit in the morning then u got to go there and fix it while the car is cold. u do this only in the morning....

but if ur idle is jumping when the car is hot then u have a idle sensor problem which is at the throttle body.... usually u fix it by truning the little screw on the throttle body... or cleaning the sensors intake wholes which are on the left side in the throttle body(mine were blocked off from some fuckhead who messed up with the throttle body)

this fixes it if the car don't have any vacume leak or aany other problems
                            are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

While trying to open the cover on my FIV one of the screws stripped out so I had to drill and tap the hole (that was a pain) tighted the white disc and have not had a problem. WOW does the car run and drive much better it is like night and day!!!! Thanks for the write up

Comment

<===noobie...

by erratic idling you mean the car shaking when its idle?

again im sorry...
                                <===noobie...
                                The Car

Comment

Working...
                                X