No announcement yet.

ENG: Making your own fuel pressure guage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, ever since i got my first honda(91 lude) i wanted a fuel pressure gauge, i always had the idea of just turning a regular dial kind of air pressure gauge into a fuel pressure gauge.
    i did it. i picked up a air pressure gauge at my job and a brass t-type connector and a couple of line connectors, and ghetto rigged my own version of a b&m gauge, sure its upside down and i still havent tried it on gas but i ran water threw it and it worked. im waiting to drop my engine in and hook it up to see what happens ill post piks as soon as i can.
    I Ain't cocky,I'm confident.And when u say im the best it's a compliment.!

Comment

No offense....but if you can afford an engine swap..why would you go cheap on this critical piece of monitoring/tuning equipment?

Comment

Originally posted by FushigiRES
        No offense....but if you can afford an engine swap..why would you go cheap on this critical piece of monitoring/tuning equipment?

Maybe EG-Si hatch is broke now that they bought the engine for the swap?!
        Nova: A star that suddenly increases it's light output tremendously and then fades away to its former obscurity in a few months or years.

Supernova: One of the rarely observed nova outbursts in which the maximum intrinsic luminosity may reach 100 million times that of the sun.

Comment

YESSSSSSS! very broke!.... but other than that weds. are pretty boring at my job, so to look busy i just mess with stuff. soooo i thought id give my idea a try and see what happens i spent like $.50 on everything. if it doesnt work then ill get a quality brand guage and do that or go with supernova's idea.
          plus its a diy every penny saved counts

btw.. anybody tried that FPR from aem? or b&m? that converts our stock FPR into adjustable ones?
          I Ain't cocky,I'm confident.And when u say im the best it's a compliment.!

Comment

Originally posted by EG-Si hatch
            YESSSSSSS! very broke!.... but other than that weds. are pretty boring at my job, so to look busy i just mess with stuff. soooo i thought id give my idea a try and see what happens i spent like $.50 on everything. if it doesnt work then ill get a quality brand guage and do that or go with supernova's idea.
            plus its a diy every penny saved counts

btw.. anybody tried that FPR from aem? or b&m? that converts our stock FPR into adjustable ones?

Never heard of any kinda conversion! Sounds cool though...
            Nova: A star that suddenly increases it's light output tremendously and then fades away to its former obscurity in a few months or years.

Supernova: One of the rarely observed nova outbursts in which the maximum intrinsic luminosity may reach 100 million times that of the sun.

Comment

Almost had to do it your method SuperNova. that service port was being a pain for some odd reaosn. I really wasnt looking forward to having more hoses in the engine bay, but what i did. just drilled a hole in the serivce port bolt, and tapped the sucker (luckily i had the tap laying around.). then used a B&M fuel gauge. used the teflon tape. and was done. works great. now for tommorrow... the B&M FPR. Can't wait.

Thanks for the DIY though. Write-up and pictures helped!

Michalob's CB7

Comment

Originally posted by Michalob
                Almost had to do it your method SuperNova. that service port was being a pain for some odd reaosn. I really wasnt looking forward to having more hoses in the engine bay, but what i did. just drilled a hole in the serivce port bolt, and tapped the sucker (luckily i had the tap laying around.). then used a B&M fuel gauge. used the teflon tape. and was done. works great. now for tommorrow... the B&M FPR. Can't wait.

Thanks for the DIY though. Write-up and pictures helped!
                Not a problem at all! Glad my experiances helped someone else out! Can't wait to see pics when you get it all done!

Comment

I just want to share some pics what i did on mine. I think this is what Michalob did on his.

Originally posted by ikayto
                  dont think of cars as better than you, just cars that further your inspiration.

Comment

I can understand hooking up a fuel gauge to troubleshoot a driveability problem or say checking the operability of a fuel filter.............but why would you want that gauge hooked up permanently?
                    1992 Accord Coupe 5-Speed

Comment

Originally posted by Shehzada
                      I can understand hooking up a fuel gauge to troubleshoot a driveability problem or say checking the operability of a fuel filter.............but why would you want that gauge hooked up permanently?
                      So i don't need to hook up and remove the gauge again, so i can check the pressure quickly whenever i want, I think it looks good on the engine bay, and the gauge was designed to mount it on the engine bay.

Comment

nice write up but next time do I step by step pics, its what makes the diy very ehlpfull to us novices.

Comment

Originally posted by aznpnoyracer
                          nice write up but next time do I step by step pics, its what makes the diy very ehlpfull to us novices.
                          ^^^
                          Just read what Michalob did.

Comment

Working...
                          X