Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ENG: Setting Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where is the iacv located and what mark on the tac is 600 i believe it to be the 3rd but just want to make sure i know this sounds like a dumb question but i dont know alot about these engines

Comment

Originally posted by 91dxaccordcb7 View Post
      where is the iacv located and what mark on the tac is 600 i believe it to be the 3rd but just want to make sure i know this sounds like a dumb question but i dont know alot about these engines
      Front-center of IACV.

600 RPM is first small line above the thick one on RPM gauge (tachometer). The thick line represents 500 RPM.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
        Front-center of IACV.

600 RPM is first small line above the thick one on RPM gauge (tachometer). The thick line represents 500 RPM.
        thanks man i got a rough idle in park so that might fix it

Comment

Sorry, double question post.
          Last edited by Bad_dude; 08-13-2010, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Just adjusted my valves, much more power and easier pickup. Cleaned the EGR ports and valve. Now my base timing is a bit low.

The idle adjust screw, is it adjust with a flat head or philip? I have a 1990 Accord LX 4AT.
            It seems like a flat head and mine is all the way out but to increase the idle I turn it CCW, would that unscrew it all the way out and come off?
            How deep is the idle screw in the hold by the throttle body? I am thinking that is a plug in front of the hole and not the screw itself.
            My base idle is at around 650 instead of 750rpm. When unplugging the EACV it drops to about 100 or 150 but the engine does not turn off. CEL lights up.
            The screw looks like it has some kind of paste or glue on it.

Please advice further on what I can do.

Thanks.
            Last edited by Bad_dude; 08-13-2010, 02:48 PM.

Comment

just did mine today. great write up

Comment

Thx I Was At About 550 now I'm at 750 It Sure Makes a Different

Comment

can someone help me. i went through 4 iacv's trying to adjust the idle but every time i used a flat blade screw driver it rounded the screw and i tried different size screw drivers.

i have two more and dont want to keep stripping them can some help

Comment

Are you turning a screw on the IACV? That would be the wrong screw. You need to adjust the screw on the throttle body.

^^^^^
                    Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Originally posted by 809king View Post
                      can someone help me. i went through 4 iacv's trying to adjust the idle but every time i used a flat blade screw driver it rounded the screw and i tried different size screw drivers.

sorry man don't mean to laugh but this reminds me of the time that my nabors brother was changing his spark plugs and couldn't get the new ones to fit. So we went over to see what the deal was and he had the spark plug in the socket backwards hahahahh

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Comment

Originally posted by 809king View Post

Sounds like you are dealing with the idle screw, but are calling the component by the wrong name. The idle screw is located on the throttle body.

The IACV (idle air control valve) is an electrical solenoid that allows more air into the engine to raise idle under engine load conditions. The IACV is fastened to the intake manifold plenum by 2 flange-head hex screws.

I understand your problem with the idle screw slot for flat-blade screwdriver. You need to remove the silicone, if there is any. Then, you need to use the tip corner of a flat-blade screwdriver to make the slot deeper. Do this until you have a deep enough slot. Then, use a flat-blade screw driver that is about as side as the slot, apply pressure towards the screw while turning. Once you break it free, should be easier from there.
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Are either one of these the IACV? I don't remember what they are called.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
                          New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
                          My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

thank man for the DIY it did it at first when i plug the iacv connect it back on rpm went to 1000rpm i was like wtf until i let ecu reset itself then i turn the car one than it went to abou 700 to 800 rpm so thank again man

Comment

Umm...

This is an awesome DIY...but where is the screw exactly located that you are supposed to turn? I'm new to these engines.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7uner View Post
                                This is an awesome DIY...but where is the screw exactly located that you are supposed to turn? I'm new to these engines.
                                It is located to the left of the red hose on the throttle body. It's a big brass colored screw.
                                Originally posted by Mishakol129
                                Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Working...
                                X