ENG: Spark Plug Indexing made easy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ENG: Spark Plug Indexing made easy!

There. I made the DIY on the pic. Nifty, huh? Any questions?

FYI, making sure the open ends of your spark plugs are facing the intake ports will ensure a better burn, and supposedly add some power. Not much, but hell... it's pretty much free! Enjoy.

what is your take on this, did you feel any butt gains?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Haha dude, was i the reason you made this thread?I was the one that asked the stupid question in your thread."how do you make sure the open end of the spark plug is facing the intake"lol.Thanx

It makes sense thogh,i should try this.

ILBB
      People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
      The world needs to be reset.

Comment

it has been dyno tested to gain about 1hp...not much potential for seat-of-the-pants improvement there...

Comment

That's how I did it. Using that little hole. And no I didn't notice any change. But it makes sense to do.
          Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
          -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
          MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

I notice no change in power, but there is a considerable difference in how smoothly the car idles. It used to have a lopey, missing feeling... now it's much smoother. In testing the plugs, I noticed that at least 2 of them were probably completely backwards (well, the open end away from the intake side). It's smooth at idle, and all the way up to 7400. Works for me!

I just made this thread because I just did it today

Comment

heres a more detailed and interesting read on this.......very informative too.

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2...gs/index.shtml

Comment

Nice info, Bill. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                  Nice info, Bill. Thanks!
                  no problem....that guy is very smart and his page cleared up a hell of a lot of questions i had. im not trying to take from your info at all but i thought that was a great read. he even has a pic of the plugs right/wrong position inside a block off the car, thats what really helped me. i'll also be doing this on my next plug change.

Comment

Working...
                  X