ENG: Injector seal replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resurrected...

I'm about to do this, perhaps over the weekend. Any idea where the pics are?
    Ray
    1992 EX Sedan, Manual
    CB7Tuner Illuminati Member #: 18362

JGY Honda

Comment

i am going to do this today. i know this thread was made like 6 years ago so it is understandable that the pictures are not working. hopefully i can take pics and post them up after i am done.
      Parts For Sale
      BIG Thanks to HondaFan81 for all your help!!

Comment

I bought all of the seals except I forgot the injector insulator. Do I need to replace these? I bought all of the my parts online. Are these the rings the ones that come off when you pull injectors out? What do these injector insulators do? Also the pressure regulator has an o-ring, do we need to replace those?
        Do you have to remove the fuel pressure regulator to change the seals?

So what is the torque specs for the pressure regulator and the 17mm bolt for the fuel line?

Thanks.
        Last edited by Bad_dude; 08-12-2010, 02:23 AM.

Comment

take the 2 10mm bolts off of the fuel pressure regulator (FPR)
          I have a 1990 Accord LX and it seems the black electrical is stuck onto the fuel injectors and it has the gray plastic cover you were describing. But the fuel regulator just sits on top of the fuel rail and it has 2 hoses that you can disconnect and it does not seem like you have to remove it. Could some one confirm this if you have the same car please?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
            I have a 1990 Accord LX and it seems the black electrical is stuck onto the fuel injectors and it has the gray plastic cover you were describing. But the fuel regulator just sits on top of the fuel rail and it has 2 hoses that you can disconnect and it does not seem like you have to remove it. Could some one confirm this if you have the same car please?

Thanks.
            that grey plastic part has a clip that goes around it which must be removed before you can pull it off the injector(s). i took pictures but i forgot about them and have not uploaded them yet.

as far as the fuel pressure regulator goes i just removed the 2 bolts and then moved it out of the way. i did not take the hoses off just the 2 bolts.
            Parts For Sale
            BIG Thanks to HondaFan81 for all your help!!

Comment

What about those green o-rings?

I tried putting one on that I got from Bap Geon the other day and the fuel rail stripped it. I went to the Honda dealer today and ordered them and the guy said the o-rings flatten out after you put them in... I'm still wondering why the fuel rail stripped the o-ring in the first place... is there some special procedure of putting the rail back on or o-ring on?

Comment

Originally posted by lsn92ex View Post
                What about those green o-rings?

I tried putting one on that I got from Bap Geon the other day and the fuel rail stripped it. I went to the Honda dealer today and ordered them and the guy said the o-rings flatten out after you put them in... I'm still wondering why the fuel rail stripped the o-ring in the first place... is there some special procedure of putting the rail back on or o-ring on?
                because its the wrong oring, you shouldnt have to force it in. It should feel a small resistance.

also I think green is only for AC
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                X