ENG: cleaning out the IAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
    thanx for the tip...since i cleaned up the iac, the idle has been alot calmer...still waiting for my ecu(JDM F22B DOHC)...it should help the car run alot smoother...anymore advice, lemme know...you know your stuff...thanx
    great...a little cleaning here and there does help doesnt it.

I'm going to clean my IAC and my ERG since I'm also getting cel code 12 (ERG) I was running very rich for about 2 week.
    erg or EGR?

tip for you guys since doylna had a problem. sometimes there is soo much crap in there that it gets stuck inside, so only spray one time in the IAC very VERY little(if u have balls then spray more).....i made that mistake too and ended up with a currupted idle...i hope doylna's car is doing fine...

at first, clean the screen DONT REMOVE IT ..just clean it with a tooth pic...

spray inside the whole where the PGFI and where the IAC origionally connected to as well...i stuck a q-tip in there to clean around it but DO NOT DROP IT IN...that would suck!

*remember spray some cleaner on the Q-tip

i should clean mine again, but this time ill post step by step pics...would that help?
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
      dont disconnect it and drive...=)...omg was it my fault that u mis read my direction?? if it is ill for sure change it or make it a little clearer hehe...

that happend to me, when i came to a complete stop...

can u pull bak on the accelerator or throttle linkage to see if it stops idling funny?

if u have AIM or AOL we can chat "pino401"
      Sorry I missed your message for a while. I never did get the idle to settle down. Reading a bit leads me to believe that there might be a vacuum hose loose somewhere, but I can't find it.

The car idles perfectly, but then after driving a bit, when I come to a stop, the idle sets at 1500 then drops to 1000, then back up and so on, and after a bit setles down to 850 where I set it at. I can't figure it out at all.

Comment

u have mail
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

awesome write up. only thing is those bolts are 12mm, dude.

i soaked some qtips in simple green, wiped the screen as best i could and then used a shop vac to suck anything else off. repeated that a few times and she is clean as a whistle.

i have been having problems with my car revving itself randomly and this seems to have stopped that. the problem i have now is that when i turn my a/c on the car starts to rev itself. any ideas?

Comment

Q

your not the only one who had problems with this.

glad it worked for you...

later...

hahah jk.

well you can possibly adjust your idle screw(lower and see if that helps)...or the fast idle valve which was a problem for someone else. check up on those, there is quite a few threads pertaining to that and i think i put one in the FAq section of the technical area.

check ur vacumn lines for leaks around the intake manifold...by using water to see if u hear or see seapage, sometimes the PCV is leaking or a vacumn can be messed up to.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

u mentioned throttle body cleaner

is it the same with any carb cleaner spray thing?

Comment

i just looked at mine and its caked with black dust

im going to take some before and after pics so people can get an idea
                93 Accord LXA AT

Comment

what does iac stand for and does any1 know were it is located in a chilton manual for a 91 accord ex
                  www.2camcrew.com

Comment

idle air control

look in the index

you shouldnt need your manual though, just read accordztechs good instructions
                    93 Accord LXA AT

Comment

would someone kindly post a picture pointing to where this IAC is located. thanks!

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

tag bump 4 pics. can i use carb cleaner spray?
                        hahahahah

Comment

yea that should work too.
                          92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                            would someone kindly post a picture pointing to where this IAC is located. thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X