ENG: Do Your Own Oil Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melt

you said: good thing i didnt wear a shirt my mom came outside and called me a redneck numerous times]
    your mom calls you a redneck for changing oil wow so I take it she pays twice as much to have someone else change it, haha sucks to be her
    My Ride17.34 @ 78mph with 260k on her

Comment

what about using the new oil on your finger to lube the rubber seal on the filter, never heard anything about filling the filter with the oil
      R.I.P Mulberry Red Pearl 90'ex
      SASKCB7 Tuner

Searching for a CB7, within 1000m of me

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.x View Post
        what about using the new oil on your finger to lube the rubber seal on the filter, never heard anything about filling the filter with the oil
        lube is always good lol yea u should put a little oil in the filter so its not dry when u start it up
        93 SE F22A6

Comment

do i start the car and then put oil?
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
            do i start the car and then put oil?
            it cleanz teh vtak!
            wat?

Comment

Originally posted by Audio Accord View Post
              _ˇrags (you WILL get oil over yourself)

rookies...

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
              Originally posted by deevergote.
              But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

or the famous

drop the oil filter int the oil bucket
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

take the fliter off 1st put in the drain pan put the new fliter on and then drain the oil out of the pan

But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by accord2nr81 View Post
                    take the fliter off 1st put in the drain pan put the new fliter on and then drain the oil out of the pan
                    Good idea. I've dropped the filter in the pan a couple times. Doh!
                    Though I drain the engine first so the filter and area around it have time to cool at least a little bit.
                    Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Someone should send this to LRoy On Da Scene before he messes up his recently swapped H22 lol

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                        Someone should send this to LRoy On Da Scene before he messes up his recently swapped H22 lol
                        i dont think theres much hope for that fella in the 1st place....he just had a swap done.... wants to race everyone..... and like to use the jdm oil cause its jdm yo... you cant get that stuff here I just hope the oild dosent look like the oil that was in that jdm motor cp mike pulled the VC on... all glazed over and shit

Comment

Working...
                        X