Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WhiteShift
    replied
    damn...the result is crazy. wicked nice job, the dremel is definitely in my future list of purchase! amazing thanks for this DIY!

Leave a comment:

• Davids92Accord
    replied
    i tried this on my aftermarket strut bar but i used 600g sand paper and then a 1000g it didnt come out shiny since i did it all by hand but it did make a difference

Leave a comment:

• cuate01221
    replied
    How long does a piece of sand paper usually last you? I've been polishing a few parts and the paper lasts me like 1 minute before it needs to be changed? Also is it better if I start off with 400g or 240?

Leave a comment:

• jdmstylz24
    replied
    This is AMAZING..

I definitely see myself doing this in my future after I get my car fixed and running right.

But then again; I would probably go crazy and try to polish everything, which might not be a bad idea, anyway thanks bro

G2G look at your MRT again lol.

Leave a comment:

• GeoffM
    replied
    Can you do a Master Cylinder?

Leave a comment:

• Sarthos
    replied
    I know. It works great if you make sure to move quickly enough to not put any marks in the metal. But now I need to get a manual transmission. I had no idea if it was steel or aluminum but if it's aluminum it must be polished.

Leave a comment:

• TypeG
    replied
    Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
    Pics of parts on car? Now I know I need to get a new dremel, since the old one broke. I used the 80 grit that came with it to just real quickly make stuff shine pretty decently, but I had to hand sand from though. Now I know how to get proper gritted "bits" for it though

I know the block can be done, can the transmission?
    yeah, 80 is way too course for polishing.

hard to tell in this pic, but it's polished. i only polished the parts you see when it's on the car. rest is normal.

later.

Leave a comment:

• cb007
    replied
    /\/\ Yes the tran can be done, TypeG done his.

Leave a comment:

• Sarthos
    replied
    Pics of parts on car? Now I know I need to get a new dremel, since the old one broke. I used the 80 grit that came with it to just real quickly make stuff shine pretty decently, but I had to hand sand from though. Now I know how to get proper gritted "bits" for it though

I know the block can be done, can the transmission?

Leave a comment:

• cb7dazz
    replied
    TypeG is the master at this, hands down

the time and patience it takes to do this is unreal

too bad you dont live closer to me because you would be making a lot of money off of me

Leave a comment:

• HondAccordMan
    replied
    Holy Crap my friend, That looks great. Nice work. I'm def doing this this summer when I do my engine rebuild.

Leave a comment:

• 93.4dr.22A1
    replied
    damn, I've used a dremel to clean up parts before, but never thought they could get nearly that good looking. Guess I might have to put a lil more time into it. That shit looks like it was dipped in chrome.

Leave a comment:

• JaberCB7
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gummiegorilla
    replied
    that starter and PS pump were in my dreams last night (drools on self.....)

Leave a comment:

• cb7rush
    replied
    I think I just Jizzed In My Pants!!!

I just noticed the last post was a year ago yesterday

Leave a comment:

Working...
X