ENG: DSM Injector Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ENG: DSM Injector Install

This is not my D.I.Y. But located on the site below & thought it might be a good idea for us to use it as a ref when installing DSM Injectors on our cars.

Injectors seals: Napa sells an injector seal kit that contains seals for Civic's and Integra's. If you don't need the complete seal kit, just go to Acura and buy only the bottom seal, or try to find some taller seals that have the same outside dia.

Injectors seals: Napa sells an injector seal kit that contains seals for Civic's and Integra's. If you don't need the complete seal kit, just go to Acura and
    buy only the bottom seal, or try to find some taller seals that have the same outside dia.

Bore out the bottom seals: I find it much easier to bore out the seals with a Dremel and do it in the manifold. I simply use a stock manifold that I have sitting around and use it to hold the seals. It only takes seconds to bore each seal! If you dont have a dremel you can use a die grinder with a cutting bit.

Finished product: If done properly (which is extremely easy), it will look like stock.
    Note: it may look like the hole is a bit oblong, but don't worry about it. Everything fits just fine.

Stock injectors with seal.

Injector tip protruding distance: With the properly selected bottom seals, the injector tip protruding distance in the manifold can be the same as stock and still allows the injectors to sit flush on the seals! Btw, the injectors should go on the seals with slight friction.

DSM injectors with taller seal.

Installed DSM injectors: The injectors fit very nicely in the JRSC intake manifold with the modified seals.

Here's a closeup, nice and flush! This is exactly how you want your injectors sitting.

Now alot of people are installing these DSM injectors (hold & peak) into their 5g Civics that are (saturated) style injector systems. You will have to install a factory Honda Injector resistor box, or you can do it this method. First you will need to cut open the stock wiring harness to get a closer look at all the wires.

On each injector you have a yellow/black wire. This is the power wire from the ECU. This voltage is constant and needs to be regulated, thus using a inline resistor. We have used 10watt 10ohm inline resistors from radio shack, they cost about 5 bucks for 4 of them. (packs of 2) Cut each wire (one at a time) strip the wire back and twist the wire around the resistor wire. I highly recommend using solder on this connection, as shown. Then tape up each resistor really good with some electrical tape.

Tough to see in this picture, but on the 2g DSM injector connector, it has a little keyway slot that interfers with the factory honda plug. This is a real simple fix, just get a razor blade and cut the little tab right out so the plug snaps on nice and tight.

It's also doesnt hurt to use some greese/lube on both sides of the seals for a smooth fit.

Saturated Injectors:
    # 1997-up Prelude VTEC
    # 1992-95 Civic Si/EX
    # 1996-00 Civic
    # 1992-00 Integra LS/GSR/ITR
    Peak & Hold Injectors:
    # 1988-91 Civic/Crx Si/HF
    # 1990-91 Integra
    # 1992-96 Prelude non-VTEC
    # 1992-96 Prelude VTEC

# 1g DSM Non-Turbo 4g63 240cc
    # 2g DSM Non-Turbo Uknown if works
    # 1g DSM Turbo Automatic 380cc
    # 1g/2g DSM Turbo Manual 450cc
    Blue tops are 1g DSM injectors, and black tops are 2g DSM injectors

Injector Write up completed by JT from H-T
    The writers of this DIY
    WHY ARE HURRICANES NAMED AFTER WOMEN? CUZ WHEN THEY CUM , THEY ARE WET AND WILD AND WHEN THEY LEAVE... THEY TAKE YOUR HOUSE, YOUR CAR AND YOUR MONEY....!

Dont know about everyone elese but im getting red X's and no pics.

Will's Accord

Comment

I think you need to cut back on the copy/paste. ACCORDS DO NOT NEED RESISTORS!!!

I also dont know what all this measuring crap is about. i used my old stock seals, made the inside diamter like 1/32" bigger and put the DSM injectors in.

for god sakes..

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

not bad i didnt realize i would need all this prep and measuring when i upgrade my shit for turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
          I think you need to cut back on the copy/paste. ACCORDS DO NOT NEED RESISTORS!!!

I also dont know what all this measuring crap is about. i used my old stock seals, made the inside diamter like 1/32" bigger and put the DSM injectors in.

for god sakes..
          If Accords dont need resistor boxes then y do we have them out of the factory?

Comment

dsm injectors are plug and play. Some people dremel the o rings out, some don't. Civics have the resistors.
            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by MyHonnaCB7
              If Accords dont need resistor boxes then y do we have them out of the factory?
              Because we have low impedance, peak and hold injectors...the same reason a DSM has a resistor box. the ECU goes zap without it.

Comment

Corect me if im wrong(i'm a lil confused) i read that the resistor box makes it have low impendance. get what i'm sayin?

Comment

no. the reistor box makes it have HIGH impedance, almost like more resistance, so that less current gets to the ECU.

Comment

ooooo, ok. i get it now. sorry, i was gettin current and impendence mixed up. so impendence is basically resistance... got ya. sorry for the confusion.

Comment

impedence is the measure of resistance

why did you copy and paste the homemade turbo civic diy onto the accord forum ?

the build and demise
                      buy stuff i want a new car

Comment

Because he thought it might be helpful?...
                        Originally posted by sweet91accord
                        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

he didn't like my DIY i wrote up
                          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

yeah the best diy ever remove stock ones install dsm injectors
                            next time you write a diy search first and do your research

the build and demise
                            buy stuff i want a new car

Comment

if you use the Beck Arnley injector seal kit... you dont have to hog the holes out in the lower injector seal... they fit fine because they use rubber ones
                              I need NOS... give me one of these... make it 2... oh and hairy... i need it by tonight!

Comment

Working...
                              X