No announcement yet.

ENG: bumper light intake scoop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SWEET dude, i think ima get rid of the insert where my fogs would be and do this to mine. actually, im building my own custom cai, so i might just have the whole filter in front of the whole. not sure yet.

anyways, awesome diy man!!
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by 4thgenaccord
      Could you do something similar but put it in the grill of the bumper?

Like this:

Then you can keep your bumperlights and look more stelth.
      I tried but everything was in the way, if yoll try it youu see what Im talking about.

Comment

this is a unique idea...

4thgenaccord- to put something right there you would probablly be taking away from the flow to the radiator... and could cause overheating...not to say it will but its possible... i personally wouldnt do it... but if i had side markers and my corners worked as blinkers i might consider the bumper lense... it seems like a buch of turboed accords on here hack up the from bumper and ive noticed many of them have taken out the bumper lights... anyways just my $.02

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

Originally posted by aznpnoyracer
          I tried but everything was in the way, if yoll try it youu see what Im talking about.
          What does the driver side look like, it's hard to see in the pic.

Also in this pic

The duct hits the end of the filter. Now I may be wrong (and porb am) but dosen't the filter pull air in from around the filter, not through the end?

I don't know never had one inmy hand to look at and the only end pic I have ever seen had a nozzle for hooking up N2O.
          Last edited by 4thgenaccord; 01-10-2007, 11:59 AM.
          !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aznpnoyracer

i don't know about you but i was able to put mine right next to the bumper light...i got rid of one of my horns to place it in there......

Comment

Also in this pic

The duct hits the end of the filter. Now I may be wrong (and porb am) but dosen't the filter pull air in from around the filter, not through the end?

I don't know never had one inmy hand to look at and the only end pic I have ever seen had a nozzle for hooking up N2O.
              im guessing he used a type of filter that i have too. there is a smaller inverted element on the face like this:

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                im guessing he used a type of filter that i have too. there is a smaller inverted element on the face like this:
                Ah. Ok, cool.
                !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

cool idea, but i just could let my self make a part for my car our of drier vent hose...
                  -RIP Eric Hall. Miss you brother-
                  newskoolhippy (10:53:37 PM): i want to see a pic of you with a hard-on to prove thats your cock
                  newskoolhippy (10:53:56 PM): i need to see your face in the pic
                  newskoolhippy (10:54:07 PM): with todays paper in the picture to prove your taking it now

Comment

Also in this pic

the reason mine is their becuase I have the cone type air filter that has filter in the middle that goes inwards also.

Comment

just a word of caution that piping u used rips VERY easily! i made a custom CAI a while back and my engine was running wierd after like a week so i removed my bumper and it was all torn up!! lol it was promply removed but lookd very cool!!!
                      (\__/)
                      (O.o )
                      (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2AZUL
                        i don't know about you but i was able to put mine right next to the bumper light...i got rid of one of my horns to place it in there......

dang i have those exact same fog lights haha, but one of em just went out recently...lame
                        My Ride17.34 @ 78mph with 260k on her

Comment

Originally posted by takumei86
                          just a word of caution that piping u used rips VERY easily! i made a custom CAI a while back and my engine was running wierd after like a week so i removed my bumper and it was all torn up!! lol it was promply removed but lookd very cool!!!
                          NO it doesnt, your talking about the flimsy and thin one, the one I have is stiff and thick as heck once you bent it it doesnt move even you swing it around, so yeah I picked the right kind of material.

Comment

Working...
                          X