EXT: Front Bumper Removal : How-To

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hondamom
    Had to pull off a bumper in a junkyard to get to the headlights yesterday and it was NOT fun. Basically ripped the plastic cover off (it was damaged). Good thing I'm a handy girl... would have been easier if I'd read this first. Am SO glad I found this site! Oh, Wayne sent me.... whoever that is...

My 16-yr-old just wrecked her black 93 Accord LX... about three weeks after I bought it for her. Really sucks.

I want that black hood off your car! Am looking for the front grill if anyone has one, the gold one we have is fubarred.

yay! i sent you <3 heh Hows everything going?

The bumper should stay alighned when you remove it and re install it

Comment

well i attempted to pull my bumper off again, 2 broken tools later it's still on. i gotta pickup some real tools before i attempt it again, the screws behind the turn signals are on pretty damn tight.
      ~~~~~~~~~~1991 ExR alb F22a6~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

you'll "Always" save money by NOT using the Wal-Mart tool set... Auto Zone/Checkers/ Whatever Else they call themselves have some good lifetime guaranteed tools for those of us who don't have a Sears nearby...

Nice write up USC! GOnna do the Fogs and Lip this weekend... in the freezin cold!!
        Originally posted by Michalob
        I was driving along today and the check engine light came on. I pulled over and looked under the hood. The engine was still there... silly light!

Comment

all my tools are walmart... Alltrade

Comment

yea i got some good tools now, so i took it off and installed my JDM fogs
            ~~~~~~~~~~1991 ExR alb F22a6~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

thanks for the writeup bro.. made removal super easy!

Comment

did it yesterday it came off in 5 minutes great write up

"Tucking tires and wires."
                The Chronicles.

Comment

A little late. But maybe this gets Moved up.
                  Heres my input.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
                    A little late. But maybe this gets Moved up.
                    Heres my input.

That one seems really good as well

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

Awesome write up. It was pretty easy. Except I removed the battery and tray to get to that bolt, and I had to undo a nut and move that bracket thing to get to the other one. But once I got it off I had fun hacking it up, but man there is no room to fit a intercooler in there. Oh yeah, any ideas on how to cut through fiberglass? I am almost done, but my jigsaw won't reach in there, the air saw I have doesn't do much, and burning it didn't do much.
                      Originally posted by Final 204
                      ok so i'll be attempting this soon... my biggest worry is that the bumper will look not as Even and lined up as it did when i started. i REALLY don't wanna have it crooked or something.... should i expect to see it go back on perfect?

i hear about peoples bumpers sagging and stuff, just don't wanna see that happen
                      Happened to mine. I was the only one doing it, so I'm gonna try to fix it so it aligns up this weekend. Right now one side it up to high, rubbing against the fender, and the other side is a little too low. Not a big deal, but I have to have my car perfect. If it doesn't work right, I don't want it.
                      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

If you guys want when I did my projector install I did a very details synopsis of how to take off the bumper. See it here. I have a couple more pictures. Good write up though

http://board.accordtuner.com/showthread.php?t=19707

Comment

great info.

i have to replace a friend's headlight, and my bumper skin soon. this will help alot.

fourthgenhatch.net

Comment

Originally posted by usc
                            to remove the bumper....
                            thanks for the post, I am modifying my grille and this will help

"Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Comment

This is gold! *saves all the info*
                              Current Car:
                              1991 Accord LX
                              Mods: STOCK!
                              Future Plans:
                              Better All Red Tailights (i messed the driver side up bad!)
                              15" Rims and tires
                              Drop its about 2"
                              Amber sidemarkers
                              Amber turn signals
                              Lip spoilers
                              etc.

Comment

soooooo reading most of everybody's I guess its o.k that my bumper is being held up with only 5 (2 screws and 3 bolts) i don't have any lowering clips....One of the holes have no thread (under the right side headlight) so the bolt go straight in with no turning and comes right out.....Should i put the bolt threw and thighten it with a nut?

Comment

Working...
                                X