Int- Cup Holder Diy W/pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Int- Cup Holder Diy W/pics

Hey whats up not sure if anyone has done this I searched it and nothing came up so here it goes!

TOOLS NEEDED:
    ONE PHILLIPS SCREW DRIVER

First things first, Alot of CB's out there do not have cup holders such as mine did not before I started this DIY, I did how ever find some people asking about if the USDM Cup holder would fit on a JHM CB!

So I went to JY and found one in good shape, please excuse my INT is dirty Cuz is Winter here (YUKK)

Once you have obtained one your going to need to take apart you center counsol!

^^PIC ABOVE^^ Is what it should look like when you are done taking it apart! Remove all of the Goldish looking screws and you are left with this!

After you have everything apart its always a good time to clean out all the crap thats down in there that you would not normally be able to get at otherwise to clean, so thats what I did!

Now take your cup holder and install and replace in reverse order you should whined up with this.

Now Enjoy as your Timmies Wont Be in your lap!

FIN!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121793

good job man, this gave me good incite on mine, my EX of course came with them, but they never retract in and stay in, drives me nuts. i figured it was an easy process

1992 Accord EX MT : CB#2
    DIY OEM amber corners w/reflectors

Comment

Nice job, i would like to do this soon. timmies in the lap is not cool lol.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

Originally posted by The-Gr8-Ox View Post
        good job man, this gave me good incite on mine, my EX of course came with them, but they never retract in and stay in, drives me nuts. i figured it was an easy process
        Thanks its really easy and the Cupholder was 2bucks at the JY! CHEAP DIY=GOOD DIY

Comment

My Ex has one, bugged the hell out of me it would never stay close. I just took the spring out and problem solved. You just have to pull the cup holder out if you need it.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
          "The Turtle"
          DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

I never use the cup holders. They are teh suck, nothing fits, blocks the radio.

JHM is USDM
            wat?

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
              My Ex has one, bugged the hell out of me it would never stay close. I just took the spring out and problem solved. You just have to pull the cup holder out if you need it.
              thats not a big deal, I took it apart and greased the arms and spring guides and it opens and closes perfect, it even stays closed as you can see lol!

Im liking the white on white clean car have you seen my MR?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                I never use the cup holders. They are teh suck, nothing fits, blocks the radio.

JHM is USDM
                They are Teh sucks? HUH? Nothing fits because in the States Drinks are three times the size of the average drink!

Fat Mother Fuckers LOL J/K

Comment

Originally posted by Ont1992ADL View Post
                  They are Teh sucks? HUH? Nothing fits because in the States Drinks are three times the size of the average drink!

Fat Mother Fuckers LOL J/K
                  LOL, you sound like your from the UK, there always talking about our Fat Asses and how we eat to much, its true, i know i love to eat, but working it off is the fun part! or sitting on my ass and playing Halo!

1992 Accord EX MT : CB#2
                  DIY OEM amber corners w/reflectors

Comment

magnífico
                    RETIRED...

Comment

lol we should make a Updated USDM cupholder where it holds just 1 drink by removing the center part between holders.

Comment

did your car not come with cup holders? noob question

Comment

Originally posted by The-Gr8-Ox View Post
                          LOL, you sound like your from the UK, there always talking about our Fat Asses and how we eat to much, its true, i know i love to eat, but working it off is the fun part! or sitting on my ass and playing Halo!
                          i love halo 3

Originally posted by colslaw87 View Post
                          did your car not come with cup holders? noob question
                          Originally posted by Ont1992ADL View Post
                          Alot of CB's out there do not have cup holders such as mine did not before I started this DIY
                          Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                          Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                          JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Wow...i didnt know they didnt come with cupholders....

Consider yourselves lucky..

My radio is set up enough that a 12oz can of Coke or Pepsi will fit. Maybe a small cup from a fast food joint, but anything else is just too big.
                            I mean, i CAN fit a Medium drink, but, yes, it blocks the radio.

I dunno. I mean, for the most part, it wont stay in the cupholder as ill most likely be going home immediately after...

Ive had an idea of the flat space in front of it....someone on here did it awhile back...

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                            Originally posted by Jarrett
                            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

cool DIY! while MOST cb's came with cupholders, some DXs didnt, and i think they were less common in some foreign countries. regardless, if they arent there, its worthwhile to just swap them in, since its interchangeable!

though ive already accepted the fact that the stock cup holders barely work, so i almost always use the corners on either side of the belt buckle, stuffed between the lower seat cushion and the center console... if you use both sides, thats 4 spots right there, that expand to fit larger things the harder you press them in there lol. my cup holder is nearly always pushed IN...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                              Current cars:
                              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                              X