INT: Armrest Cover Templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT: Armrest Cover Templates

Okay, so I came across an armrest at the junkyard. The cloth cover was abysmal, and I took it off to cover with new material.

While I had the original cloth cover off of the plastic top, I took the stitching apart to create these templates.

The images below are smaller versions of the templates I made. You can download the 1:1 images in the ZIP file linked below. DO NOT use the image below, or your arm rest cover will be about 2/3 smaller than actual size of what it's supposed to be!

With this in mind, DO NOT reduce the image size when printing, because this will shrink the templates, and ultimately give you a smaller cover!

The images in the archive will fit exactly the same as OEM once traced, cut, and sewn together. After all, they're based on the dimensions of the original armrest. The template will work for both 90-91 armrests (that float above the e-brake cover) and 92-93 "wagon" armrests.

Because the two side pieces are the same cut, but are mirrored for left and right, you will have to flip one of them over to cut your material for both sides.

Solid line indicates where you cut your fabric, and the dashed line indicates where you're going to sew. This is approximately a quarter inch into your template-cut fabric pieces.

ZIP ARCHIVE - CB7 Armrest Templates

REMEMBER! when you're sewing, you want to line up your template pieces UPSIDE-DOWN so your cover can be flipped inside-out to hide your seems.

It's also suggested that you replace your armrest's foam stuffing while changing the cover. You can get foam stuffing from just about any fabric store (maybe when you're buying fabric for this project).
    Last edited by TypeG; 02-13-2013, 06:49 PM.
    My pictures/photos will return soon...

where is my grandma when i need her?! jk nice write up i have a few armrests so i may play around a bit with some colors.

Comment

Originally posted by h22anow View Post
      where is my grandma when i need her?! jk nice write up i have a few armrests so i may play around a bit with some colors.
      yeah, ferreals! this may be the first DIY that's girlfriend/wife/mom approved, or co-operative.

Comment

MOst upholstery shops(at least the ones around here) would only charge like $35 to rewrap something like that, depending on what you want.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
          MOst upholstery shops(at least the ones around here) would only charge like $35 to rewrap something like that, depending on what you want.
          kool beanz.

Comment

I mean, im not trying to shut down your thread, i just know that there arent too many who know how, or even know anyone, who sews.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I mean, im not trying to shut down your thread, i just know that there arent too many who know how, or even know anyone, who sews.
              Yeah for sure, no worries. However, there are some of us who do know how to sew, and have access to sewing machines. When you're DIYing your own door panels, trim, etc., this is just one more item you've got the option to do yourself. That's why I made the DIY - to show that you can do it yourself, if you choose to do so.

Comment

i want ostrich skin.
                峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

sweet man, i've been thinking of rewrapping the black leather on my armrest since it's all hard and wrinkled.

Comment

Originally posted by ric3rboi23 View Post
                    i want ostrich skin.
                    Anything is possible with money lol...I'm rewrapping my armrest with ultra suede to match my headliner

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

Man, I know this is an old thread, but looks like the link is bad. Got a new one? Want to re-do my black leather armrest.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
                      Traded with: Cb7xChun
                      Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
                      Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
                      My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

repped!
                        frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by darkfusion42 View Post
                          Man, I know this is an old thread, but looks like the link is bad. Got a new one? Want to re-do my black leather armrest.
                          not sure if or when op will be back, but in the mean time, i added a picture to 1st post. later.
                          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                            not sure if or when op will be back, but in the mean time, i added a picture to 1st post. later.
                            is that picture 1:1?
                            If only someone had a seat template

^MRT^

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                              thanks, Brian.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
                              Traded with: Cb7xChun
                              Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
                              Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
                              My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X