INT: Short shifter.. Welding Vers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT: Short shifter.. Welding Vers.

well i dont know how well this will go over but this isnt too hard to do..
    check it out....

and finished.....

i measured before and after... went from 5 1/2 inch throw to a 3 1/3 throw... not sure the percentage... but.... its hella better....
    Last edited by According2Me; 07-07-2005, 10:46 PM.
    . . .93 Ex F2.0A Si. . .
    WiredMotorSports
    [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

hope this helps for those who might not get it....
    . . .93 Ex F2.0A Si. . .
    WiredMotorSports

Comment

yes in theory thats what makes a short throw shifter. not bad just hope your welds hold. also with other short throw shifter they are counter balanced to allow for smoother and quicker shifts. i noticed that fushigis are not but for the price thats expected. (although his do look of good quality, i even considered one)

but props on the measurements..i always meant to make some but i threw my old shifter out now so thats a no go.

Comment

yea the welding on it will be the last to break.... Been welding bout two yrs now and if u can tell in the pick i grinded the weld area down and there are no split lines so u can tell the penitration was good.... but yea.... how much is fushigis shifters anyways.. i was thinkin bout buyin but i figure y buy what i can make myself....figure ill help who wants to give it a go...
        . . .93 Ex F2.0A Si. . .
        WiredMotorSports

Comment

I believe the Fushigi shifter is something along those lines... Their shifter went through lots of testing to make sure it was perfect, though.

If you measure carefully and are a competent welder, then it's perfectly possible to do it yourself. I paid for the Fushigi (and driving my other CB7 feels like driving a truck ) I can't weld, and I don't want to risk binding my cables or anything. Nice writeup though! You're the first one to do this that understands that you have to move the bracket!

Comment

yeah, it's simple as fuck to make them. i remember welding one for my friends accord last year when we were working on it.

i hope matt finishes his drawings coz he designed a bolt on short shifter like the neuspeed one and it'll be dirt cheap too.

good DIY broski!
            Adam - Retired OG member from '03
            2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
            2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
            2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Im diggin this DIY loving the diffrent things people are doing

Comment

wanna do mine for some $? im located in tacoma name a price?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                  I think everyone that did the Home Depot bracket SS understands that.
                  Yes, but did they cut and weld the shifter? I know quite a few that cut the shifter. That's what I was referring to.

Comment

EDIT...
                    BTW... if anyone has one i can buy...a stock one... PM me, shipped to 98498..
                    Last edited by According2Me; 07-08-2005, 04:32 PM.
                    . . .93 Ex F2.0A Si. . .
                    WiredMotorSports

Comment

Working...
                    X