No announcement yet.

SUSP: ROH Conversion with 282mm rotors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok guys not able to find the hubs at all looks like they are no longer produced. I used a few sites ppl had brought up but no luck so far. Any able to steer me in a the right direction or know of an alt set-up not 5 lug?

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
      Ok guys not able to find the hubs at all looks like they are no longer produced. I used a few sites ppl had brought up but no luck so far. Any able to steer me in a the right direction or know of an alt set-up not 5 lug?
      Never mind. Wrong item. Not ROH. Sorry.
      Last edited by Bad_dude; 02-20-2013, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Wow, extremely clean and very easy to understand!

Awesome write up, I'm doing this asap!
        Jay
        HondaLina
        91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_JAY91 View Post
          Wow, extremely clean and very easy to understand!

Awesome write up, I'm doing this asap!
          Have you found the CL hubs? Those seem to get so rare it hurts to find them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
            Have you found the CL hubs? Those seem to get so rare it hurts to find them.
            Not yet, funds haven't enabled me to carry this one out yet lol. I see CL's all the time at our Junk Yards though.
            Jay
            HondaLina
            91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

Not yet, funds haven't enabled me to carry this one out yet lol. I see CL's all the time at our Junk Yards though.
              tasauto sells a kit...

tasauto roh conversion kit

It's gone up quite a bit in price since I bought mine a few years back.

In addition, a quick google search of 97 2.3cl hub and I found many that were available for sale. 55 dollars too.

Lastly, from what I remember, this conversion requires the use of accord wheel bearings because the axle on cb7s does not fit inside the bearing for 2.3CLs. At least, that's what I use on my set up. 2.3 CL hub, Accord bearing, 2.3CL rotor (same size as stock, just roh). stock calipers.

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
                tasauto sells a kit...

In addition, a quick google search of 97 2.3cl hub and I found many that were available for sale. 55 dollars too.

Lastly, from what I remember, this conversion requires the use of accord wheel bearings because the axle on cb7s does not fit inside the bearing for 2.3CLs. At least, that's what I use on my set up. 2.3 CL hub, Accord bearing, 2.3CL rotor (same size as stock, just roh). stock calipers.
                Is it even possible to use the 97 hubs? eveything I have seen says 98 and up dont think there was 2.3 CL in 97' If anyone can confirm a 97 CL would work for the hubs that would be awesome.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

The junkyards around my neighborhood have none at all.

Comment

The 97 2.3CL setup is the same as our cars stock, capture rotors. You need a 98-99 2.3CL. As for the axle not fitting into the bearing, it's the hub that the axle splint goes into, so the bearing from the 2.3CL should be fine. I thing the same part numbers for both cars are the same. I could be wrong but looking at it, the axle goes into the hub teeth.
                    Thanks.

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
                    tasauto sells a kit...

Last edited by Bad_dude; 02-25-2013, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
                      The 97 2.3CL setup is the same as our cars stock, capture rotors. You need a 98-99 2.3CL. As for the axle not fitting into the bearing, it's the hub that the axle splint goes into, so the bearing from the 2.3CL should be fine. I thing the same part numbers for both cars are the same. I could be wrong but looking at it, the axle goes into the hub teeth.
                      Thanks.

Ok, I never said I used a 97, just repeating info in the thread. I've been told numerous times that you need the accord bearings for the car. And I have this swap on my car. And I've used accord wheel bearings since the day I got it. I used the same parts as listed in the quote below which is from the ROH basic DIY.

quote from hondafan81

This is the common "rotor-over-hub" conversion listing of parts for our 90-93 Accords.

98-99 Acura 2.3CL front hub assemblies
                      90-93 Accord wheel bearing assemblies
                      98-02 Accord or 98-99 Acura 2.3CL front rotors
                      90-93 Accord pads (for Akebono or Nissin front calipers)
                      retain stock caliper

Comment

For the caliper brackets, will a caliper bracket, be it 25 or 23, fit onto the knuckle if the knuckle originally had fitted a caliper bracket for 260mm calipers?

Im gathering parts for this right now, i can get:

90-93 CB Accord bearings
                        98-02 CG Accord front hubs Is it the CG Accord that Honda fan was saying dont fit, is this for the US 6th gen or all 6th gen hubs?
                        97-01 BB Prelude discs, pads, calipers, and brackets (for the T23 setup)
                        98-02 CG Accord discs, pads, calipers, and brackets (for the T25 setup)

Have got this right?
                        Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 04-28-2013, 09:28 AM.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                        UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                        NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Nope, the '98-'02 Accord parts won't fit. You're pretty much stuck with needing the '98-'99 2.3CL hubs. I realize that will be difficult for you given what was offered over there.

Also, '97-'01 Prelude rotors are 5-lug, not 4-lug. They are 11.1" which is what the 23/25/28T brackets are made for. The '98-'02 Accord 4-cylinder rotors are still 260mm and those use the standard caliper brackets that came on the car.
                          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

90-93 CB Accord bearings (bought)
                            98-99 Acura CL 2.3 front hubs (acquiring)

93-97 BB1 2.2i vtec Prelude discs, pads, calipers, and brackets for the 282mm upgrade (for the T23 setup)

Or

98-02 CG9 Accord discs, pads, calipers, and brackets for the 282mm upgrade (for the T25 setup)

Or to do just ROH and keep my standard 260mm calipers and brackets what discs do i get?

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

There isn't a CG9 in the US and the validity as to whether or not its rotors are 282mm and 25mm thick are up to you to verify. In the US, '98-'02 Accords without the V6 just have the same thin 260mm rotors as the '98-'99 2.3CL. Do research here first.
                              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                                There isn't a CG9 in the US and the validity as to whether or not its rotors are 282mm and 25mm thick are up to you to verify. In the US, '98-'02 Accords without the V6 just have the same thin 260mm rotors as the '98-'99 2.3CL. Do research here first.
                                I can confirm that the CG Accord here in the UK has 25mm thick discs, and are 282mm. http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com/car/p...+%2898-2003%29

As for the 260mm discs, to go with the stardard setup, i can use 92-97 Prelude BB3s according to this site also. http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com/car/p...29+%2892-97%29

So just down to the hubs then i can get cracking with getting bits.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Working...
                                X