No announcement yet.

SUSP: Front 5-lug Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just go to a autozone or auto parts store and compare the 2, thats what I'd do
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by riotstarter1992 View Post
      i have a question about this can we do the 5 lug for the rear using odyssey parts or do we have to use prelude parts
      no.... the odyssey has a larger spindle and a longer hub.

Comment

i have a question about this can we do the 5 lug for the rear using odyssey parts or do we have to use prelude parts
        Originally posted by coupes View Post
        no.... the odyssey has a larger spindle and a longer hub.
        read my earlier post, it says it all
        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Another question as I'm installing my fronts soon, and I'm curious about offset for my new rims.

I know on the CB design there's a plate/spacer which bolts to the rotor. When we do the conversion and it's essentially rotor-over-hub design which the CB plate/spacer isn't needed or used with R-O-H, when the conversion is complete, will the front of the rotor (where the wheels mates to the rotor) be at the exact same distance as was the CB plate/spacer mounting surface?
          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Prelude rear is super easy, takes like 2 hours

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

EDIT: Thanks a million Tim. I've looked at this thread countless times, and just wanted to share my appreciation for your direction.
              Last edited by Straight Success; 10-06-2011, 07:34 PM.
              The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

try these

or these

Comment

and don't forget

don't leave home without it

Comment

would i be able to accomplish this using parts completely from a bb6?

Comment

Originally posted by Accord_exR View Post
                      would i be able to accomplish this using parts completely from a bb6?
                      it HAS to be a non-SH model. the SH model front knuckles are completely different. also you will need to enlarge the lower control arm hole where the ball joint resides.

do a search on "all prelude 5-lug conversion" or something like that.
                      1cor10:31
                      - 92 LX coupe
                      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post

EDIT: Thanks a million Tim. I've looked at this thread countless times, and just wanted to share my appreciation for your direction.
                        glad my thread is still helping after all these years!
                        1cor10:31
                        - 92 LX coupe
                        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

I found it easier to just pull the complete knuckles off an 01/02 accordingly v6 direct bolt on. .

I like the "suck me slowly" part. Thats my favorite.

Comment

^^^agreed. i took the knuckles off 03 tl. simple plug n play for the front, nothin else needed from another car.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3222203/5

Comment

so if I read this right

I can take the knuckle off a 03 Tl and put this directly on to my 92 cb9 without hassle? which caliper will be needed?

one of these > http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-03-ACURA-...122543&vxp=mtr

And what of the rear? is there a direct bolt on or do I find the thread about the rear replacement ?

thanks I'm still learning and truly appreciate the help
                              Last edited by pointaudio; 02-29-2012, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIEN_DIESEL View Post
                                legend calipers are garbage, the numbers fro each calipers braking is diff since u have to mount them upside down from right to left n left to right just to get the bleeder, air will go upward and ur braking will suck, theres alot of research for it on honda tech.

the odessy calipers are good enough, they the same as the v6 accord, wagons and typer's
                                untrue. they are not garbage. i am running 95 odyssey front knuckles with 95 legend gs dual piston calipers. they stop great. i do not have any air in my brake system. they just have to be bleed properly.

itr, cb9, prelude vtec, accord v6, ra odyssey, legend gs, nsx use the same front brake pads. the difference is the in rotor thickness, ranging from t23 to t28 brackets; and single to dual pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X