More pics of SLICK40's CB7: work done :p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More pics of SLICK40's CB7: work done :p

Well, I haven't been posting much since I've found this place, but I should be able to now. I just finished up my last 3 credit class for my AA degree, and I'm out of school now until August.

Since finding this forum and posting a couple pics, I have installed a 5th gen EX lip (oooooo, aaaaahhh), painted my calipers Ford Red with engine enamel paint (that shit takes a lot of preping), painted my rear speaker covers with black fabric paint (they were turning purple), painted my wiper arms with satin black trim paint (3rd set I've had to paint on a Honda), installed a new antenna (prev. owner had a black rubber whip), installed a set of ventshades (I also have an extra set b/c they accidentally set me 2 sets ), installed a dual tip stainless muffler (vroom vroom), and I turned 200,000 miles

Tell me how you think the car looks: what you think I should do or shouldn't have done.

BTW, although I know my car would look 1000 times better lowered, I won't be doing it any time soon b/c it's my everyday driver for now.

Also, I went back to the 4cyl Accord BECAUSE it is slow (I have a naughty and uncontrollable need for speed) therefore I wont be adding any performance mods besides a CAI for better airflow. All show, no go. I can't be racing anymore.

Wet pics:

New muffler and antenna:

Better muffler pic:

Black speaker covers:

Ventshades:

Last edited by SLICK40; 06-27-2005, 01:30 PM.

My steering wheel:

Turning 200,000:

Looking into my interior through rear side window:

Comment

Random pics:

Last edited by SLICK40; 06-27-2005, 01:39 PM.

Comment

More random pics:

I love these two:

Last edited by SLICK40; 06-27-2005, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Damn it! I accidently put this in the Media Downloads forum instead of entering the sub forum Image Gallery.

Comment

Nice looking coupe now all you need 2 do is drop it

Comment

can you say WHEEL GAP! get that baby lowered dude, and you will have a SICK ride. For about $650 you could get a 3in drop. Check out my sig

Comment

Originally posted by 91ACCORDSIR
                Nice looking coupe now all you need 2 do is drop it
                Originally posted by AccordAnimal
                can you say WHEEL GAP! get that baby lowered dude, and you will have a SICK ride. For about $650 you could get a 3in drop. Check out my sig
                Originally posted by slick40
                although I know my car would look 1000 times better lowered, I won't be doing it any time soon b/c it's my everyday driver for now.

Comment

car looks nice

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

Originally posted by Ron CB7
                    car looks nice
                    so does your sig

Comment

bump for comments, opinions, suggestions...

Comment

ohhh nice wheels

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
                        bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

very very clean..i like my ventshades..but as soon as i find some OEM ones for my coupe theyll be gone in a flash..they just seem too flimsy..you know what i mean you have them on your car..

but yea..i understand your pref. on getting a comfortable drive and not lowering..but it can be done.. try a set of adjustable struts with a set of softer rate springs..youll be very pleased with the results.

and as far as performence for the f, you might try a tiny but more than an intake..i know you arent trying to race the car but there are mods that will get you running a tiny bit faster, but also running smoother with the option of mashing when needed (ie when some punk kid in a beat to shit sentra starts reving on you and honking their horn and saying the beat you off the line when you didnt even launch...sorry bad day yesterday)

anywho very clean..only thing i can see tht you prolly already know about are the dented hood and tiny body scratches..but who hasnt had those on a 12-15 year old car...

Comment

Originally posted by clarksterdotcom
                            very very clean..i like my ventshades..but as soon as i find some OEM ones for my coupe theyll be gone in a flash..they just seem too flimsy..you know what i mean you have them on your car..

but yea..i understand your pref. on getting a comfortable drive and not lowering..but it can be done.. try a set of adjustable struts with a set of softer rate springs..youll be very pleased with the results.

and as far as performence for the f, you might try a tiny but more than an intake..i know you arent trying to race the car but there are mods that will get you running a tiny bit faster, but also running smoother with the option of mashing when needed (ie when some punk kid in a beat to shit sentra starts reving on you and honking their horn and saying the beat you off the line when you didnt even launch...sorry bad day yesterday)

anywho very clean..only thing i can see tht you prolly already know about are the dented hood and tiny body scratches..but who hasnt had those on a 12-15 year old car...
                            Yeah, the ventshades are definately flimsy. I already broke the one on the passenger side going to close the door. Good thing they accidentally sent me an extra set.

As far as the lowering goes, it's not the comfort of the ride, it's the fact that you can't go ANYWHERE without bottoming out. I lowered my last Accord with Eibach sportlines, obviously lower than the pro kit, but still, everyone knows Eibachs don't lower you much at all, anyway, even with the Eibachs I hated it. Sure, it LOOKED better, but I hated driving that car anywhere. Going into any parking lot or drive way was a no no, dips in roads, obstacles (garbage) on roads, speed bumps, man, you get owned by everything.

On top of all that, you're talking $1000-$2000 easily to get it installed and done right with all quality parts....there is NO way my car will be lowered any time soon....on the other hand I am going to get tint, alarm, and new paint in the near future (like, less than 2 yrs) (and the only reason I can get new paint is because I can get a $4000 paint job for the cost of the supplies)

......got to go before I ramble more....

Comment

sucks to hear that you cant lower it due to your location. Everything else looks great, and very clean. How does the exhaust sound? I think im gonna have to break down and get some ventshades soon, since our cars fog up too much, and I dont have a/c.

Comment

Working...
                              X