Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start of the all motor build. F22 .

So this is the cam Going to delta soon

And here are a few photos of the head My buddy gave me. Damn this thing looks like pure ass!!! Hopefully not for to long.

So yeah I think they set the fucker on fire or something. Well this is where it begins. Lets see where it ends. I'll try to take more pics as things happen. Of course I will start taking more pics of the car as well as things start going on it.
    Last edited by DjSpeedy; 04-13-2006, 03:41 PM.
    No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

damn some brake cleaner and pressure washer will make that baby shine. also are u gonna take off your cam gear before you send the cam in?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Nah spoke to delta and they said they can get it off. looking at it though I am wondering if its a vtech cam. It looks like the same head but it may have been a vtech. I hope not since delta dont do vtech.
      No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

Originally posted by DjSpeedy
        I am wondering if its a vtech cam. It looks like the same head but it may have been a vtech. I hope not since delta dont do vtech.
        VTECH MAKES PHONES.... Its VTEC or V-TEC,no H...if it has three cam lobes its a VTEC cam, yours has 2, so its not a VTEC cam

VTEC SOHC Accord heads don't look similar besides the fact that they are SOHC which is a given, the spark plug tubes are facing forwards on the VTEC and not backwards like on our motors and the head is also taller then ours, nothing to the eye but when u try and fit a timing belt on you'll find out...another good n/a gain is to get an F22A6 or h23 intake manifold and F22A4 exhaust manifold, good way to pull power with stock mods that are interchangeable, if you didn't already know...keep us posted
        Last edited by ehulst; 04-04-2006, 02:04 PM.
        93 Accord- SOLD
        94 Civic- F22a1 Swap, current DD

Comment

I cant beleive I confused v-tech and vtec I must be tired.
          i have a h23 manifold on the way over as well as a h23 bored Tb. I am upgrading the brakes to the powerslot dimpled and slotted rotors with hawk pads. I am also going to be buying a set of shocks and dropzone coilovers from another member on the boards. So yeah there will be many more mods to come.

Oh yeah forgot/ Carsound cat is going to be ordered this weekend, as well as a header that I am getting off a friend. They look like shit so I will be painting them with a High heat (1200) Ceramic based paint.
          Last edited by DjSpeedy; 04-04-2006, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Time to add some more pics. Nothing to grand this time but oh well.

Pic of some newer injectors that are sitting in carb cleaner to get the shit of em.

The h23 mani should be here any day now. The runners are a6 runners that I am cleaning at the moment. Cant get the fucking EGR off though so I dont know what I'm gonna do about that. I am thinking torch . So yeah by middle of next week this nice little hybrid of a mani will be on my car. Oh but I wont have the new bored tb for a few more weeks so I am still stuck using the f22 Tb. Oh well.

Comment

yeah that EGR is a bitch to remove. try removing it with fuel rail, plenum, throttle body, coolant lines, and injectors in place. it's even harder! soak the nuts in penetrating lubricant (WD-40, PB blaster) and have at it. use a closed box wrench. i found it hard to use a socket since the hat portion always got in the way. good luck and keep us posted.
              1cor10:31
              - 92 LX coupe
              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

go get everything cleaned, and take some new pics.

Comment

Cleaning off everything almost all day today. I need to take it to the local car wash so I can use the pressure washer but its looking better. Fucking egr still wont come off and the bolts are starting to round off. I might just bring it to napa machine shop or my buddys shop and have them do it.

Its going to cost me 50 fuckin dollars for new o rings for the injectors!!! I hope its worth it since with this manifold I dont want any headaches. Thing should be a screamer when I am all done with it.

Well back to work for now. New pics up tommorow.

Comment

yea...a nut splitter from auto zone wont fit around the nut because of clearance issues with the egr
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Getting Much Better!!!

Well here it is after hours of cleaning, 2 cans of carb cleaner, engine brite and gasket remover.

I am looking into a full pressure regulator and gauge as well. Need to have the right amount of fuel once all is said and done!!!

Other parts are on the way and I'll take pics once they arrive.

Comment

Tal-Strip aircraft coating/paint stripper works well at loosening grimy shit thats stuck to metal... might get that remaining crap off it, but looking tons better.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

looks a lot better than orig pic

Comment

Going turbo?

Just got off the phone with a buddy and it looks like he has a dsm manifold for me, Unsure if he has the turbo though. So it looks like on top of everything else we may be slapping a turbo in pretty soon. All I need is dsm injectors and a chipped ecu right? I mean of course the other turbo stuff but that should take care of it I hope.

Comment

yeah then comes plumbing the turbo. ill be pming you when this is finished, best of luck

Comment

Working...
                              X