can u say rust repair????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can u say rust repair????

oh thank god i am mostly done with it. surprisingly enough the quarter panels are not the hardest part on rust repair on cb7s

this is the hardest part. how are you suppose to replace the part where the clips for the sideskirts are.

lol that was me trying to practice my welding techniques.... then i realized what a masterpiece i have done. lmao

while i was researching about rust i found out that one of the main things on rust protection is Zink... which lead me to find this......
    ps. u need etching/expoxy primers too....

ps i don't even want to start on how to fix the wheel housing part..... a pain in the ass.
    Last edited by alb_accord; 02-17-2008, 06:02 PM.
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Oh jeez...I'm not looking forward to doing the same thing...before the end of April...when inspection is due.
    Good job on your's though
    Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Yeah that looks real good. I got everything needed to start, rust patch panels, welder, filler and all that stuff. But I have no idea where to even start. Mine are bad!!! like 3 inches of my wheel well missing bad haha.

Never underestimate a 4-door Accord

Comment

What did you use to cut the rusted part out? Nibbler, air hammer or jigsaw?

Never underestimate a 4-door Accord

Comment

Wow thats some seriouus repairs bud...from the pics it looks like you got it under control...
          accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
          ....................My New Baby
          SOLD TO
          ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR
            Wow thats some seriouus repairs bud...from the pics it looks like you got it under control...
            Pretty much what im going to do
            wat?

Comment

Very nice patch job sir!

a little personal history with coating w/ zinc...... enamel jobs like peach or maco(single stage paint) have lots of problems with krinkling, dont know about Base/Clear but be careful cause they wont repaint it for free.

Comment

looks good. i need to do mine.
                My RIDE

Comment

Yeah, that was a fun trip for me too

lol, not really...

Keep showing pics
                  Meh, not feeling the honda game anymore.
                  MY CAR IS SOLD!!!

Comment

it wasn't fun lol. i didn't really have enough time during the day to really work on it. that is why it took me a long time to finish the work......

as for cutting the panels i used a regular angle grinder.... just bought the thinnest cutting stone, did the measurements cut that shit out. lol

this is the welder i used. lincoln 100. rented it a home depot. lol since it was electric and not with gas i had to use some flex core wire. (.9) for future references(if someone actually searches) the thinner the weld wire the better it is for thin metals.

this is the wheel housing.... how come that no one in this site or other sites didn't mention that while doing a rust repair in the cb7, the wheel housing will be needing major attention.

this is the inner part of the quarter panel..... i had to use some fiber glass in there to close up some little holes. unfortunately i didn't do a good job welding this side. some fiberglass and i fixed it....
                    used some of that zink free primer for the welds....

this two pics i took them with my camera phone so they are not that good

fixing the wheel housing(pain in the ass)

this is one of the biggest imperfection.... didn't line it up right...

the right way of doing it....

and this is the first hand of primer to cover the bare metal before using bondo

i am thinking that this site doesn't have a DIY about rust repair with patch panels hmmmmm..... i should do one
                    Last edited by alb_accord; 03-03-2008, 09:28 PM.
                    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Working...
                    X