sohc vtec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sohc vtec

who says automatic sohc vtec doesnt pop, sorry kind of low volume let me know if it's to low im planning on making another one outside of the car,

Last edited by mr_adrenalin714; 02-17-2009, 08:20 PM.

Yea man when the F22b1 hits VTAK its loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
      Yea man when the F22b1 hits VTAK its loud.
      yeah i know when i dropped this setup in my car and my friend chipped my ecu i didnt think vtec would crossover like that in an auto

Comment

shits rigged
        wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
          shits rigged
          LOL!! what do you mean rigged just your standard automatic with a chipped ecu

Comment

looks and sound like you were easy on the throttle and then nailed it.

i have a single cam vtec motor and theres no noticable vtec crossover. i call BS

edit: and on sohc vtec it engages at like 2000-2200 rpm. i know this is fake.

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
              looks and sound like you were easy on the throttle and then nailed it.

i have a single cam vtec motor and theres no noticable vtec crossover. i call BS

edit: and on sohc vtec it engages at like 2000-2200 rpm. i know this is fake.
              LOL!! not to bust your chops you cant be easy on the throttle at that high of rpm and then nail it on an automatic, and on a standard automatic vtec crossover it engages at 5500 rpm's and not 2000-2200 rpm, also you might have a vtec motor but your ecu might be stock where i have a p28 ecu

Comment

Hey man don't trip I believe ya I'm running the same sohc v-tec block also with a chipped ecu it does pop hard if you had 5spd it would be more enjoyable I don't know why people talk shit about these motors they got potential in the eye of the beholder, it may not rip like the h series or f20b but what they lack is low to mid power ,but who really cares,it's your car,your money do what you want and enjoy it. BTW That is how mine sounds

SO PEOPLE IF YOU AIN'T GOT ANYTHING POSITIVE TO SAY THEN DON'T SAY NOTHING. Have a nice day
                Sorry if I offended anyone and I'm not trying to start drama just trying to keep a positive area
                Last edited by Darkcloud; 02-18-2009, 01:12 AM.
                NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Very nice My boys CD didn't crossover like that but he didn't have it tuned or anything so.. Good job the ol auto

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                    Hey man don't trip I believe ya I'm running the same sohc v-tec block also with a chipped ecu it does pop hard if you had 5spd it would be more enjoyable I don't know why people talk shit about these motors they got potential in the eye of the beholder, it may not rip like the h series or f20b but what they lack is low to mid power ,but who really cares,it's your car,your money do what you want and enjoy it. BTW That is how mine sounds

SO PEOPLE IF YOU AIN'T GOT ANYTHING POSITIVE TO SAY THEN DON'T SAY NOTHING. Have a nice day
                    Sorry if I offended anyone and I'm not trying to start drama just trying to keep a positive area
                    Thanks for the comment dude! Well said

Comment

Originally posted by jchsmiley View Post
                      Very nice My boys CD didn't crossover like that but he didn't have it tuned or anything so.. Good job the ol auto

Thanks! for the comment

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post

Yeah, because an H22 makes as much or more low end to mid range power than an F22, so it must be lacking in the low end...
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

And I actually meant to say VTEC is audible.

Comment

later today im going to put one on here from outside the car, so stay tuned

Comment

You should have that retuned. You can see between 4000 and 5000 where it stops pulling and then suddenly starts to pull again when VTEC kicks in. That isn't better for performance. Honda did that with most stock DOHC VTEC engines for marketing, and they can all be made faster by lowering the VTEC crossover. Ideally, I believe this engine should crossover somewhere in the ballpark of 4500. That means all he did was move it up, which artificially delays it and makes it seem to pop harder.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X