NWaccord : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mild Wire Tuck

After much debating whether a mild wire tuck was in schedule for this lil beast, finally decided to tackle it. Since this is an SE there is quite a bit more wiring than when we did the LX.

Things that were removed/eliminated:

- Cruise Control ( 1 - Its not my DD so when I drive I want manual override of everything, 2 - That's where I want to run my turbo filter, 3 - I'm looking at replacing the stock steering wheel for a NRG)

- Power Steering ( 1 - Although I've had it since my initial swap of over 5 years, truth be told it was never hooked up via a belt and was just dead weight at this point, 2 - NON power steering will be better to control at high speeds or with lots of tq steer , 3 - That's where the turbochargers cold side/filter will be)

- Charcoal Canister ( 1 - I'm not worried bout losing 1-2mpg, 2 - I need the space for a vertical oil catch can setup)

Since I'm not 100% done with this project I will be posting random pictures of the progress, along with other lil projects that are needed to be done

Haven't messed with it in months, starting to oxidize.

Really nice clear coat of dust!

My daughter helping out

Yanking out the power steering lines

I ran my wires through the water drainage opening. I'm not worried about water messing up my wires as its waterproof and we get 1" of rain a year

Using 1" wire loom for thicker clusters

Since I do Architectural Sheet Metal for living, I utilized my skills to fabricate this bracket for a cool "floating" resistor box effect. Really liked the way it turned out and it hides the wires going through firewall.

Next to go was the charcoal canister. I will be using this area for a nice proper vertical oil catch can setup.

Very important to re use the red hose for this, insert one end at the bottom and gently clamp it (I didn't have one in size thats why mine isnt on)

The other end will hook up to this fuel line return

Ran out of wire and few other things so took a quick trip to NAPA!

Next is extending the ABS motor wires, ect...

Wires extended! getting closer to finishing

Since my Nitrous feed line runs through the passenger fender it was good time to remove it while I'm here. Wont be needing it with the new setup

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
    MRT F22B - 643whp - 529tq @ 30psi
    11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

Just about done with her, just need to remove power steering hose and few other things to tighten her up.

How dirty is your CB!?!?!?

7 months without a shower!

Awww yes! much better!

FULL THROTTLE!!!!

Engine shot after a 90% mild wire tuck (AKA wire clean up)

And finally a very important part that's been set a side for way too long. My door handle! broke it last year at the Cannon Beach NWpac.org and CB7tuner.com spring meet. It was way past due.

Got my donor handle at the junyard. I just sanded it down and primed it. Of course I switched out the locks and stainless O ring.

All done. I cant wait to have this one fully body worked, prepped, and re sprayed in its original color.

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
      11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

Glad to see I'm not the only one who hasn't washed their car in a long time. lol. Good to see this is getting attention! Keep it up and see you in April!

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

If you asked...

Good job, battery will stay under hood?

Comment

nice job , cant wait for your turbo build. You will be happy with the nrg hub , no shaft play with oem fit.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

How are you relieving the tank pressure with out the canister?

Comment

Originally posted by 90ACCORDLXGUY View Post
                Glad to see I'm not the only one who hasn't washed their car in a long time. lol. Good to see this is getting attention! Keep it up and see you in April!
                yes I seen you picture on FB
                Thanks yes she was past due on a few things, seems like last year didn't give the vehicles as much TLC as I should have.
                April is the plan

Originally posted by cb3frompoland View Post
                If you asked...

Good job, battery will stay under hood?
                wow yes that indeed is very dirty
                I'm not to sure on the battery yet, It will either be relocated to the truck or be replaced for a smaller unit pushed as far as possible to fender to allow charge pipes.

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
                11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

Originally posted by laz93se View Post
                  nice job , cant wait for your turbo build. You will be happy with the nrg hub , no shaft play with oem fit.
                  Thanks bud! yeah I can't wait either. Seems like this build been going slower but I've been patient trying to do it right the first time. I can certainly vouch for NRG, have the extended quick release on the LX.

How are you relieving the tank pressure with out the canister?
                  Its still releasing pressure, just at all times now and not vacuum controlled or filtered. The larger black hose at the bottom by frame is the stock vent hose. It leads to the bottom of the passenger wheel well.

When you remove the canister, there will be 3 opened lines. 2 need to be capped off and one extended.

-one behind the IM next to the TPS (cap this one off)
                  -one on the TB (cap this one off)
                  -one on the vent line from the gas tank. I wouldn't cap this one off as it vents the gas tank. What I did was route the line to stock vent hose so it will vent into fresh air and not into the engine compartment...

If the fuel odor do get to strong for the cabin, I might just cut the vent line out back next to the tank and re-route a soft hose next to the rear wheel...
                  I don't think it will be necessary though.
                  Last edited by NWaccord; 03-17-2014, 03:08 PM.

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
                  11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

Originally posted by NWaccord View Post
                    Thanks bud! yeah I can't wait either. Seems like this build been going slower but I've been patient trying to do it right the first time. I can certainly vouch for NRG, have the extended quick release on the LX.

Its still releasing pressure, just at all times now and not vacuum controlled or filtered. The larger black hose at the bottom by frame is the stock vent hose. It leads to the bottom of the passenger wheel well.

When you remove the canister, there will be 3 opened lines. 2 need to be capped off and one extended.

-one behind the IM next to the TPS (cap this one off)
                    -one on the TB (cap this one off)
                    -one on the vent line from the gas tank. I wouldn't cap this one off as it vents the gas tank. What I did was route the line to stock vent hose so it will vent into fresh air and not into the engine compartment...

If the fuel odor do get to strong for the cabin, I might just cut the vent line out back next to the tank and re-route a soft hose next to the rear wheel...
                    I don't think it will be necessary though.

Ahhhh i see, i have the same catch can that you described. I will probably have to go the same route you did on location, by removing the charcoal canister.

Comment

Ahhhh i see, i have the same catch can that you described. I will probably have to go the same route you did on location, by removing the charcoal canister.
                      Yes definitely, there a good amount of space for a catch can of that style.
                      I just drove the car for the first time and can confirm no fuel odors in the cab, not even when getting off the highway. I did however unclamp the hose to see if would smell and yes its noticeable in the cab so make sure your house is snug

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
                      11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

Finished up the wire tuck this past weekend along with other small details that where in need of attention.
                        I also began putting my interior back together, lots of dirty parts in the storage. Most interior trim parts where in need of a good scrubbing.

The very last step before finishing the wire tuck and installing the fenders,lights, and bumper back on.

Had to make these simple straps for extra security. I love sheet metal

Auto Parts store didn't have loom straps bigger than 1'' that's why I made these. I should have dipped them (coated) with liquid black tape but this will work without cutting into the wires.

After the securing the wires I was able to re install the fenders along with headlights. I finally have all my lights working in correct order. Starting with my high beams!

Finally fixed a bad ground on my fogs, they work now!

Rear tail lights are working too. I still need to black house the inner trunk lights. Black housed the outer lights years ago and never got to inner ones.

Just about done on the exterior re assembly

Interior pieces going back in

Clorox wiped the whole interior, followed by moist towels, and then leather conditioner. I also removed the carped and had it deep cleaned, wish It would of turned out cleaner but it did make a difference from how it was before.

Missing the rubber piece for brake pedal.

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
                        11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

Wish my SE was Coupe. Looks great!
                          '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Finally got to drive her after all the work! Luckily this past Sunday was a local cruise/meet with a bunch of good friends, Really glad I was able to make it. Awesome crew!
                            I got some pics emailed to me and wanted to share, Hope you guys enjoy.

JDM SiR BB6 Front end

Love this Accord, this guy has really transformed his ride! All the right parts are goin in.

There she is!

Marry Hill Museum! Haven't been to this place since a field trip in elementary.

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
                            11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

Nice! Lookin' good!

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by NWaccord View Post

Nice! Not just a wire tuck, but a bracket tuck, leveling up!

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                                UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                                NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Working...
                                X