No announcement yet.

TracieS : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woot Woot another broke axle lol I was racing my buddys b16 swapped ef and pulled him by a car and half with no vtec lol got of the interstate and pulled in the gas station and it broke.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

How are you breaking them so easy

I got the same motor and im still running on stock axles lol....maybe its because i got the weak ass f22 tranny

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Comment

I think its because of how I did my auto to 5spd swap and my car being to low for that method lol

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

I'm just guessing it's your ride height putting so much stress on them.

I could see the extreme angle my CV shafts were on when I had my coilover sleeves, and you're slightly lower than I was.

Your axles probably look like:

wheel> []\___(motor)___/[] <wheel

Rather than

[]---(motor)---[]

Comment

So the boot at 1 is being streched up and 2 is going up at a angle were the wheel hub is because the tranny mount 3 makes the motor sit lower which is putting it in a bind from what I gathered by looking at it today.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Yup, that's exactly what I was trying to show in my illustration.

There's your problem. Either gotta keep it low n slow, or raise it up to run it.

Comment

Damn thats nuts man you shouldve did the 5spd using the weld method.

I'm just as low in the front and on bad axles I dont break well not yet.
                NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

yea lol but now with the cd5 mount brings the tranny down now so it makes it whole lot worse. Tomorrow I plan on raising the car all the way up put a new axle in and hope it works that way I just wanna drive my baby even if its 4x4 status.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                    Damn thats nuts man you shouldve did the 5spd using the weld method.

I'm just as low in the front and on bad axles I dont break well not yet.
                    Yup plan on doing that in the near future or the esp mount. But I have been showing my buddys the f20b isnt nothing to sleep on.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

4x4 status to crush them.

Comment

Well Im dropped maybe 2.5 to 3inchs now and still havent cracked an axle lol

But ya bro the F20b eats them!

Whats your plans for the motor build?

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Comment

So I have no motivation to touch the car brand new axle in the floor just staring at it maybe I will do it next week.
                          Originally posted by markrutherford View Post
                          Well Im dropped maybe 2.5 to 3inchs now and still havent cracked an axle lol

But ya bro the F20b eats them!

Whats your plans for the motor build?
                          Bisis pistons head work Itbs and a bunch of other crap. Or I may possible buy another c10 and build it now that I have the money I want another v8 bad.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

No motivation?!

DO WORK SON!

Comment

So I got a h22 driver side mount on the car fixed that problem. then to fix the axle situation I had to use a prelude passgner axle but it works fine. Got to drive the car for a while this evening.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Originally posted by Mishakol129
                                Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Working...
                                X