Hopeless : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopeless : 1992 Accord EX

So figured I should finally make one of these.

i've been driving a '92 EX coupe since mid June when I reluctantly sold off my '09 Scion xD to clear out some debt and free up some monthly funds to help with the cost of the house I recently purchased.

pic of my xD:

anyway i had shopped a few of the accords in town and really grew to like them, just couldnt find a coupe in good condition for the life of me. As luck would have it, the day before i went to pick up a 91 lx sedan, my buddy popped me to a for sale link in houston for a 92 ex coupe, next day we tripped out to houston and picked her up.

A week later I had it on coilovers ready to go to dallas for cupcake meet 10.

helped my buddy's business by pitching in on his initial order for a Proper+ distributorship. Shift knob and enough Vicolor/Smooth Cologne/Carall Air Fresh Spray in White Peach to last months.

Car sat pretty quietly for the next month or so while i put my money towards some unexpected costs with the house.

in August I found an ebay grill in the junkyard and snatched it for 5$ and popped that on. Also managed to grab up a Legend Coupe Lip from a local member.

saved up a little more money and made my first wheel order for the car:

15x8 +10 Rotas Shakotans.

Was a great day until i quickly realized that rota sent me the wrong wheel, instead giving me a 15x8+0.

After a small test fit i decided id try my luck and give myself a challenge.(which i still sorta regret, and to this day ponder if im in a bit over my head)

My buddy gave me a set of 205/50/15 nitto neogens, which would have been perfect for the +10 offset, but i mounted em up to see where we were at:

As i expected the rear fitment was terrible, but the front fitment wasnt as bad as i had originally expected. So i bought a set of camber arms for the rear, took out my fender roller and went to town, ended up with a slight fender pull in the rear on both sides, and maxed out the arms I got. The Result:

Added 10/4/11
    So I changed up from a 205/50/15 to a 195/45/15, and loving it so far.

Made it out to IFO in baton rouge last weekend.
    People seemed to really like the accord: got tons of compliments.

Random pic from someone while we were waiting in line to park:

More pics coming soon, just waiting for our photographer to finish processing his stuff.

Added 10/10/11
    A couple rolling shots from the trip to IFO:

A couple of pics of the fender pull as requested:

yes the car is filthy lol.

Paint wasnt the most friendly during the pull as you can see, but I plan on addressing that very soon.
    Last edited by Hopeless; 10-10-2011, 12:22 PM.

ahhh another fellow black coupe 92 at that im loving the start
    keep up the good progress
    what shall not
    kill you shall
    only make you
    STRONGER

Comment

niccceee cb bro, keep her looking clean. im loving the stands on it.
      AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
      JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

The CB looks like mean beast from the back once you installed those wheels....she looks amazing friend!! keep it up!!

Those rotas look sick, how much were they?

Comment

Looking good
          My 90 coupe Mr thread....
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

cars looking good man. always nice to see mint looking cb's in socal

Comment

Originally posted by Luis View Post
              i dont think his in socal luis.. lol
              AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
              JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

Originally posted by Luis View Post
                he's from Louisiana bro....

Comment

Sweet coupe! I want one now.

Comment

I'm liking the wheels. Keep us posted!
                    "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

those wheels look hella good on that car

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Shooot!

Very good looking car man!

Grab up some 195/45-15's and $20 says you like those better, fitment would be great, and you'd be about as flush as you could get!

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
                        White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
                          The CB looks like mean beast from the back once you installed those wheels....she looks amazing friend!! keep it up!!

Those rotas look sick, how much were they?
                          one of the guys in my crew has a rota distributorship so i was able to land them at cost. normal price is round about 600-620/set shipped.

Originally posted by luis
                          Im out in louisiana , i notice a lot of people from a bunch of forums dont pick up on that and automatically assume los angeles when they see la, lol. but thanks

Originally posted by 91_CB7_Sedan
                          Shooot!

Very good looking car man!

Grab up some 195/45-15's and $20 says you like those better, fitment would be great, and you'd be about as flush as you could get!
                          thats actually what ive been thinking about going. was just worried about not having enough overall diameter. I refuse to have wheel gap in my finished product , but at the same time id like to have about 3/4"-1" clearance from the ground so not to completely erase all drivability.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopeless View Post
                            thats actually what ive been thinking about going. was just worried about not having enough overall diameter. I refuse to have wheel gap in my finished product , but at the same time id like to have about 3/4"-1" clearance from the ground so not to completely erase all drivability.
                            So get some 195/50's

and slam yourself on them!

maybe this will help as far as tire fitment:
                            http://www.tyrestretch.com/

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
                            White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

Originally posted by 91_CB7_Sedan View Post
                              So get some 195/50's

and slam yourself on them!

maybe this will help as far as tire fitment:
                              http://www.tyrestretch.com/

hehe yea im very very familiar with that site

I'm thinkin of either goin 195/45 or going 195/50 in a tire that runs small like a fuzion or a falken ziex.

I'm worried about 195/50s because if you dont get one that runs small its more than likely gonna baloon on the sidewall instead of giving a slight stretch.

Comment

Working...
                              X