tv4184 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tv4184 : 1993 Accord LX

HISTORY: I've been lurking here since September 2008. I think that was when Hurricane Ike just hit Houston and I started thinking more seriously about getting a CB7. Well it only took two years. I kind of got this on impulse on a random CL listing with no pics. More history to come, it has been well over 2 years since I bought the car and I have finally decided to start doing minor mods.

EXTERIOR:
    All stock for now

INTERIOR:
    Honda Cassette player

ENGINE / DRIVETRAIN
    stock F22A1
    NGK Blue Ignition Wires
    NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
    minor maintenance - timing belt, water pump, auxilary belts, tube and valve cover seals, 2 ignitor chips
    stock transmission with Honda MTF

SUSPENSION / WHEELS
    3 ITR DC2 15" wheels
    Pirelli P6 Four Seasons Plus 205/60/15

FUTURE MODS:
    4th ITR wheel
    KW V2 Coilovers
    new suspension bushings and ball joints
    rear Progress Sway bar
    Integra clock mod
    HID Retrofit
    H22 or K24 swap
    BB6 Prelude cluster retrofit
    Re-install sound system from Maxima - front components and rear 6.5" free air subs
    EP3 Civic Si OEM muffler
    intake

My former intro thread.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=161622

Heres a shot with the other cars in the fleet.
    Last edited by tv4184; 12-31-2012, 08:51 PM.

More pics please!!!
    Accord Of The Month January 09
    Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
    BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

12/29/12 - ITR Wheel(s) and tires

So when I got the car, the tires were fairly new put on in 2009 and the car was pretty low mileage. Since then I put on about 16k miles, putting her at 138k but the tires are reaching their end in age starting to crack and dry rot. There was one tire that looked like a recycled tire that had good tread. Well I decided I needed to replace it over six months ago but have been dragging my feet. I wanted to sell the car last summer but ended up replacing the catalytic converter because of high NOx and then since then I couldn't come up with a daily thats reasonable to replace such a great running car. Since I did not want to keep the steelies I didn't want to invest money into tires for those. I've been wanting to get EX wheels from a 5th gen but haven't had much luck @ the JY. Anyway I just randomly happened across these wheels on the local CL and got a great deal because the guy had only three. I'll roll on two for now and continue the search for the last one.

I am ashamed at how dirty she is though but she is the work horse that helps me bring home the dough for my car addictions.

Comment

Working...
      X