93Accordian : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93Accordian : 1990 Accord LX

So I finally got some daytime pics of the car. It's a 1990 LX coupe. Auto. Stock. The PO had the distributor, wires, plugs, alternator, and fuel pump replaced in December of 2012. As they all do, the capacitors on the TCU cooked themselves. The kid took it to a tranny shop and they replaced the shift solenoids and then figured out that it was the TCU. The kid assumed that the whole car was ran from 1 computer and that because the lights didn't work and the transmission wouldn't shift right, he said it was just too expensive to fix so I bought it and drove it 30 miles home.

I was chasing wires the other night to find out what was up with the exterior lights and some interior lights as they didn't work. I ended up finding this under the dash.

So, I decided to dive further. Commence Operation Dash Pull.

What it looked like this morning.
    My MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200048

(Turbo lag - turbo power) + HYPE = VTEC

Bought From: Davids92Accord

Sold To:

In my wire chasing I had found that fuse #23 under the hood and melted and cooked the 2 wires that run from it into the interior of the car. I'm still not entirely sure where they go, but I did notice this behind the clock when I got the dash off.

It looks to me as if the clock on the old dash had caught fire. And this is where I am at today. It's terribly hot so I'll probably start checking wires and such tonight, then get it back together this weekend. I still need to go to Radio Shack and pick up the capacitors to fix the TCU. That'll be next week probably. Thanks for stopping by.
    My MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200048

(Turbo lag - turbo power) + HYPE = VTEC

Bought From: Davids92Accord

Sold To:

Comment

Working...
    X