No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just changed my gasket, and I think I might have gotten it to seal! I think it leaked a bit the first time after driving it, but my oil level has been the same the past two days.

My car stinks now though, I need new exhaust gaskets...
    I'm faster then a prius

Comment

^ I hope mine goes well.

Oil pan gasket replacement stuff arrived.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
        ^ I hope mine goes well.

Oil pan gasket replacement stuff arrived.

A loctite stick! That's a fantastic idea!
        I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
          I fought it last time... figured I was going to do anything I could to not do that this time. I also used one of those blue Fel Pro gaskets. So this time I hope it goes a lot better with the Loctite tack stick and an OEM gasket.

I'm actually headed to to gas station real quick in the Talon then coming back and getting started on replacing the oil pan gasket on this.

Comment

Replaced oil pan gasket.

Despite what the picture shows I used a very thin coat of Hondabond on the "hump" area and even a smaller amount on the opposing side. I found OEM sealant on both sides of the gasket on both top and bottom of the gasket in very small amounts. So I did it exactly how Honda did it.

Cleaning mating surfaces.

Beck/Arnley gaskets opposed to OEM. Have to be careful not to scratch the mating surfaces.

Bolting it back together. There is a torque sequence and the torque specs are 9 ftlbs.

Everything back together.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 08-26-2017, 04:59 PM.

Comment

So after all that the car still leaks oil. And in the same exact spot too.

However, it needed an oil pan gasket. Having that behind me is a great feeling.

But the only thing I can think of is the oil pressure swith. It looks like the oil filter is leaking but it's not. And it's leaking right around the oil filter location down onto the downpipe and onto the ground. Sooo... that's what I'm going with next.

Genuine Honda 37240-PT0-014 oil pressure switch will be here Monday. It ran me $22.97 shipped. I've actually never had one leak or go bad. This is the first for me. And hopefully it fixes the issue.

Comment

All I can say is get the Loctite stick... sooo much easier man. I placed it all along the bottom side of the gasket except for the "humped" portion. Just kind of ran the Loctite stick around on it lightly here and there. Then placed the gasket down on the oil pan (after placing a very small amount of Hondabond in the corners of the "humped" portion) and then stuck in place. It was so nice...

The

Loctite 39158 Hi-Tack Stick Gasket Dressing, 9-gram
                Ran me $9.43 shipped on Amazon with Prime.

Comment

Defenitly something I wish I had before I did mine!

I'm pretty positive it's your oil pressure switch leaking, sounds exactly like what mine did.

Again, our cars have needed very similar things repaired, it's kinda weird! You're getting things done a lot quicker, and better than I did mine though! haha.
                  I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Defenitly something I wish I had before I did mine!

I'm pretty positive it's your oil pressure switch leaking, sounds exactly like what mine did.

Again, our cars have needed very similar things repaired, it's kinda weird! You're getting things done a lot quicker, and better than I did mine though! haha.
                    That's exactly what I was hoping someone would say. I hope your right. I guess we'll see.

They seem to all need about the same things I guess. lol
                    Last edited by H311RA151N; 08-26-2017, 03:27 AM.

Comment

I agree, that it's your oil pressure switch. I've had one leak pretty bad before. Even the one on my H22A1 right now is just slightly leaking oil through it. I just haven't stopped by the dealership to get a new one. Speaking of it though I might run down there, here shortly.
                      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I got one off Amazon for $8.99, it was a different size socket than stock, but It's been working fine.
                        I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                          I agree, that it's your oil pressure switch. I've had one leak pretty bad before. Even the one on my H22A1 right now is just slightly leaking oil through it. I just haven't stopped by the dealership to get a new one. Speaking of it though I might run down there, here shortly.
                          Good, I like hearing that. I hope you guys are right. And I think you are. But your guys's further insight is good.

I got one off Amazon for $8.99, it was a different size socket than stock, but It's been working fine.
                          That's also good to know, if yours worked then I should have absolutely no problems with the OEM one.

Comment

I did the driver side lower ball joint today. Another item on the "to do" list that I'm glad is behind me.

New driver side OEM LBJ that I did today...

And the new OEM LBJ on the passenger side that I did a couple months ago.

Comment

OEM Oil pressure switch arrived. Hope to have it in tomorrow.

Comment

Changed the oil pressure switch. Pretty sure it was the culprit of the oil leak. By the looks of it.

Advance didn't have a 24mm so I got a deep well impact 15/16".

Comment

Working...
                                X