X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
    Your legend has gota live on somehow since you're not around anymore
    yeah, i think pretty much everyone up here has or has had part of my car now lol. you doing a tapered throttle body or straight bore?
    Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
    Project 240SX
    Originally posted by chillin943
    anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
    Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Originally posted by blackice View Post
      yeah, i think pretty much everyone up here has or has had part of my car now lol. you doing a tapered throttle body or straight bore?
      tapered.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Finished up most of the plenum today.

I'm thinking about completely gutting it out.

Thing is, I don't want a huge plenum, with not enough runners. We'll see. I got some more thinking to do.

But I bought a badass carbide bit today. it's meant to go on a drill, or at least its a drill sized bit. The drill we have is shitty tho. So I'll have to go buy a corded drill instead.

im sorrry
        im a noob at perfomance
        but what do you get by doing that?
        like making the holes bigger or w/e?

more airflow?

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris View Post
          im sorrry
          im a noob at perfomance
          but what do you get by doing that?
          like making the holes bigger or w/e?

more airflow?
          Way to answer your own question.

Comment

haha..

just trying to make sure!

do you really see gains from it?

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

I don't do things just because.

Comment

Top end.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Are you going to take out the butterflys completely or just keep them open all the time or what were you thinkin? I've been debating about doing this to my buddys h22 coupe but wasn't sure what I could do with the butterflys or if it was even worth it
                  Previous cb7members ride thread
                  86 Nissan d21 in the workshttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=155292

TSM Garage: Honda/Acura, VW/Audi, and Subaru performance and maintenance work.

Comment

Originally posted by HaulAss247 View Post
                    Are you going to take out the butterflys completely or just keep them open all the time or what were you thinkin? I've been debating about doing this to my buddys h22 coupe but wasn't sure what I could do with the butterflys or if it was even worth it
                    Keep them

My butterflies are open all the time and I have no low end

Stuff like that only gets reserved for super builds. Really though there's no reason to ditch it unless you are modding the runners (like d112 did)

A dude on H-T did the same for his H powered Civic (211whp stock cams, block, header and manifold :wow: ), did a comparo and said it is really only good for top end & power at the track

I believe him.

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Leaving them open is STUPID. Wire them up with via straight vacuum. No "mysterious black box". It's just a fucking vacuum solenoid. If you can't figure that out, go kill yourself for being so stupid.

Eliminating them completely does give top end power, but doesn't hurt low end drastically like people on this forum say.

If you want low end power, stick to an h23 or f22.

I'm eliminating them btw. My peak HP will be around 7.5k, peak tq will be around 4.4-4.7 depending on my intake design. Goes great with an h22 trans.

Comment

Leaving them open is STUPID. Wire them up with via straight vacuum. No "mysterious black box". It's just a fucking vacuum solenoid. If you can't figure that out, go kill yourself for being so stupid.

Eliminating them completely does give top end power, but doesn't hurt low end drastically like people on this forum say.

If you want low end power, stick to an h23 or f22.

I'm eliminating them btw. My peak HP will be around 7.5k, peak tq will be around 4.4-4.7 depending on my intake design. Goes great with an h22 trans.
                        LOL, relax. I haven't had the time to hook them up. I got a sub + amp, and all I've had the time to do so far is hook up a ground wire

I'm guessing you already have the H22 trans in your car? Have you thought about picking up a Euro-R tranny?

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                          LOL, relax. I haven't had the time to hook them up. I got a sub + amp, and all I've had the time to do so far is hook up a ground wire

I'm guessing you already have the H22 trans in your car? Have you thought about picking up a Euro-R tranny?
                          I don't want anything shorter than an h22 trans. Plus, anything shorter really hurts performance. I'd need above 250whp to warrant a shorter geared transmission, or a wider powerband.

And no, I don't have an h22 trans. Yet.

And I honestly doubt you don't have time. You can do it while you're at the gas station filling up. It takes ONLY that long to disconnect a vacuum hose, and connect another. You're just lazy and unmotivated. Don't make up excuses for it.

Comment

I don't want anything shorter than an h22 trans. Plus, anything shorter really hurts performance. I'd need above 250whp to warrant a shorter geared transmission, or a wider powerband.

And no, I don't have an h22 trans. Yet.

And I honestly doubt you don't have time. You can do it while you're at the gas station filling up. It takes ONLY that long to disconnect a vacuum hose, and connect another. You're just lazy and unmotivated. Don't make up excuses for it.
                            You sound upset now...

Comment

Why would I be? I'm fine.

Comment

Jose always does his homework^^ lol Can't wait to see what you get out of the build homie good luck
                                Previous cb7members ride thread
                                86 Nissan d21 in the workshttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=155292

TSM Garage: Honda/Acura, VW/Audi, and Subaru performance and maintenance work.

Comment

Working...
                                X