No announcement yet.

DrLove'sKuDang : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for those newer folks, heres a pic from before i got the work done.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: more pics

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
      was it a big difference in light output as well or did they just look better?

right now with the black heads, it looks real clean... but im worried about having a grey car and clearish heads looking kinda bland and dull.

btw, how is the light output? can they be adjusted to accomodate the fact that we drive on the right side? the beam pattern is different right?
      well, the beam pattern is indeed different: usdm headlights are aimed towards the left, whereas the jdm headlights are aimed towards the right.
      personally, i like it better, as the headlight aimed towards the right makes more usable light directly in front of me (though really thinking about it, is bad as it is aimed at oncoming drivers).

when the lights were installed, i saw the output from the stock h4 and h1 bulbs, and i wasn't too impressed. the output did not exceed the piaa 9006 bulbs i had in my usdm headlights.

i decided to go with the raybrig h4 and raybrig h1 bulbs (more by default, since that's what the shop had on hand) and i was truly amazed. it would have been nice to have a camera on hand to show the difference, but i didn't.

according to raybrig, the h4 bulbs are 60/55w but perform like a 130/125w. the h1 bulbs are 55w perform like 90w. i don't know how true that is, but they do indeed perform better than stock.

also, at one time i had raybrig bulbs on my usdm headlights, and i think that these h4s outperform the 9006s, though i suppose i may be biased as i like the jdm beam pattern.

usdm: piaa > raybrig > stock (sylvania?)
      jdm: raybrig > stock

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

i for sure want to get a set, i just dont know how soon ill be able to. btw, whats the difference between the headlights with and without the chrome trim? are they both real jdm? i heard once that 90-91 and 92-93 had different lights, is that true?

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
          i for sure want to get a set, i just dont know how soon ill be able to. btw, whats the difference between the headlights with and without the chrome trim? are they both real jdm? i heard once that 90-91 and 92-93 had different lights, is that true?
          the difference is simply chrome trim or without.
          90-91 had chrome trim.
          i like the look without the chrome.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

lil' update

heres my current little project. im making a valvecover for myself. its a custom "non" vtec cover for my h22. its waiting for a couple coats of wrinkle paint, which im going to do after i get off work tomorrow. heres where im at... shaved letters and paint removed.

Comment

*update* more pics

i was bored the other day, so i took some pics with my phone. not the best, but all i got since i installed the jdm heads.

...and i do

Comment

How u like the stage 2 cams?

Do they have any lag untill vtec compared to stock? How is the mpg with the cams?

Comment

Whats up with th 1/4 mile times???
                  FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

i've been watchin your car for awhile now and i never noticed that you have maroon interior. what color was the original color. it can't be that black from your older pics of the car. nonetheless it looks sexy in its new shade. i want that "i heart my honda" sticker too. being reusable is a plus. sleeper style, !
                    1cor10:31
                    - 92 LX coupe
                    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Re: How u like the stage 2 cams?

Originally posted by meyerracer
                      Do they have any lag untill vtec compared to stock? How is the mpg with the cams?
                      i never drove my car before the cams, so i actually dont know... but i dont feel any lag. i have a dyno somewhere, ill find it later.

cb7-R:ive never taken it to the track. im always procrastinating, and now theres a meet this weekend in sac, but i work.

timmy0tool: yup, my car was actually that tanish color... whatever its called. then i painted it black. then my car got egged, perfect time for a change... so now it is what you see.

Comment

did u upgrade your valve train with the stage 2 cams?

they are crower or?

Comment

yea, theyre crower stage2's w/ crower valvesprings and retainers.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...7.jpg.orig.jpg
                          Last edited by DrLove'sKuDang; 09-30-2004, 03:55 AM.

Comment

How much was the whole package $

Cams, springs, retainers and anyhting esle? Would u reccomend for a daily driver stage 2 cams?

Comment

i dont remember exactly, but it was somewhere around the $800's... and stage 2's are fine for daily. it feels stock to me. crower makes two different stage2 cams... one of which retains the stock idle lobe.

well i think imagestation isnt allowing that link, so heres a smaller pic... better than nothing i guess.

195/150

Comment

Whasts the difference

Stock idle lobes modified lobes? What does what to performance?

Comment

Working...
                                X