Mr. Evo IX : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. Evo IX : 1991 Accord LX

This is my accord project. I took it to the strip to get a baseline and ran a 18.8. It has some auto tranny problems like many of the 4th gen accords do. Anyhow... Lots of room for improvement there. I started with a basic tune-up and fixed most of what I knew was mechanically broken - VSS, Brake pads and wheel cylinder, starter, and then added some new door handles and a system since the stock radio didnt work. Next it was time to make it a little quicker. I decided to go with a home made turbo setup and scoured boards and ebay for parts. Here's what I've ended up with. It ran a 15.6 last night.. the 15.2s were wishful thinking although with a good launch I think its possible with the current setup. est. 190whp.

PERFORMANCE
    Stock f22a1, working cruise, AC compressor intact (not working right now), working power steering.
    14b Turbo ala dsm
    2nd Gen Manifold (redrilled)
    P06 chipped Auto Ecu - uberdata
    dsm 450's
    1st Gen "polished" Diverter valve
    home depot boost contoller
    autometer boost gauge
    jb weld oil pan
    tuner toys oil line and return kit
    2 1/4 inch aluminum piping with silicone couplers and T-bolt clamps
    ebay fmic - works good, despite what some say you can feel the temp difference on the charge piping..probably 20-30 degrees difference
    crappy muffler shop welds and homemade downpipe
    relocated battery to trunk ala 3.00 walmart marine battery box

Electronics
    Clarion DXZ945MP w/Sirius installed
    Precision Power PC4800 4x100 @ 4ohm 4x200 @ 2ohms
    a/d/s/ 346is component set
    IDQ10 dual 4ohm VC's

Future plans
    Get this baby into the 14's
    2 1/2 inch tbe
    Get the AC working - need a custom AC cold side hose or different o2 housing so that it's not touching the cold line connector.
    Mount gauges
    5 speed swap or maybe fix TCM so it works right. Prefer the swap if I can find one cheap
    lighten car without full gut. I'm thinking removal of unseen sheet metal and anything non=essential while keeping it comfy
    new carpet and some sport seats up front
    front bumper cover that covers intercooler for the final sleeper look. I'll probably need to cut the bumper support and do a little re-piping.

If it ever needs internal work.. Eagle rods and forged pistons and a bigger turbo.

Last edited by Mr. Evo IX; 06-29-2006, 06:16 PM.
    ~ Viva la Roofnips ~
    2006 Evolution MR 13.008 @ 106.7
    2006 WRX Sti (still breaking it in)
    1990 Honda Accord LX-T 15.6 @ 93

If you're going to obscure the plate, you might as well do it in all of the pics.

Looks good.
    2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
    Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
    1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
      If you're going to obscure the plate, you might as well do it in all of the pics.

Looks good.
      Thx.. someone else shot that pic and edited it. I personaly dont care about the plates. Thanks for looking out for me though and thanks for the compliment!
      ~ Viva la Roofnips ~

Comment

I agree with the tranny swap. The auto box is only going to hinder your performance with the turbo. Great job so far working with what you have. The only thing I would have done different is the intercooler piping. Was there any reason you didn't route the hot side charge pipe past the radiator? Now that I think of it I guess it really doesn't matter, it's just what I'm used to seeing.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Very nice i like your setup
          With a 93 mph trap speed you should be in the 14's whats the deal with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett
            I agree with the tranny swap. The auto box is only going to hinder your performance with the turbo. Great job so far working with what you have. The only thing I would have done different is the intercooler piping. Was there any reason you didn't route the hot side charge pipe past the radiator? Now that I think of it I guess it really doesn't matter, it's just what I'm used to seeing.
            The main reason was to keep the AC compressor and it didnt look like there was enough room. Now that I"ve removed the windshield washer bottle it looks like it would be able to fit. We had already started this project before I saw any body elses setup that had a FMIC with intact AC. If I re-pipe I'll try to do it more traditional. The lower pipe has low ground clearance and it prevents me from lowering the car and is vulnerable to dips and parking curbs. Another option would be removing some of the bumper support and raising all of it up a bit.
            ~ Viva la Roofnips ~

Comment

Originally posted by trboaccord
              Very nice i like your setup
              With a 93 mph trap speed you should be in the 14's whats the deal with that?
              I'm thinking auto tranny slippage and inability to get a 2.0 60ft. The sportronic is my enemy right now.
              ~ Viva la Roofnips ~

Comment

looks good
                1990 CB7 *RIP*

Current-91 EX and 92 EX

Comment

Welcome to the FAMILY kid....omg BUSTED ah mean BOOSTED....lol. Shes got quite a smile there buddy...
                  accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                  ....................My New Baby
                  SOLD TO
                  ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

i like i like...and thats all i got to say about that

Comment

just leave the exterior stock, imo.

Comment

what kinda budget did you do the turbo on? if you dont mind me asking
                        -RIP Eric Hall. Miss you brother-
                        newskoolhippy (10:53:37 PM): i want to see a pic of you with a hard-on to prove thats your cock
                        newskoolhippy (10:53:56 PM): i need to see your face in the pic
                        newskoolhippy (10:54:07 PM): with todays paper in the picture to prove your taking it now

Comment

it was around a $1000.00 project. I got most of the parts on E-Bay for ~800.00 or so and then had a few more items to pick up and then paid a friend to help me install it.
                          Last edited by Mr. Evo IX; 05-30-2006, 02:04 PM.
                          ~ Viva la Roofnips ~

Comment

nice ride i like the fact that its automatic and turboed even though yoy might end up swapping it to a 5 speed but overall its still fast
                            ________
                            FREE FUCKING TUBE
                            Last edited by Davids92Accord; 04-09-2011, 02:37 AM.

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
                            "2SIIC"
                            Authentic Jerseys for sale
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

looks good man.

Comment

Working...
                              X