2.25 in. 304 stainless mandrel bent manifold back pipe
    resonator and muffler not chosen yet
    RDX injectors
    AEM fuel rail
    AEM fuel pressure regulator
    AEM fuel pump

Trans:

T2T4
    Syncrotech carbon syncros (not purchased yet)
    f23 shaved 5th gear (not purchased yet)
    Cheddas shifter cable bushings
    Cheddas shifter plate solid bushings
    Cheddas single bend short shifter

Suspension:

BC Racing DS Series coilovers
    12k front springs/7k rear springs
    Prothane master bushing kit (black)
    FFC rear lower control arms
    FFC rear toe arms
    Innovative traction bar
    ST sway bars
    X2 Industries front upper adjustable control arms (to be acquired)
    manual rack conversion (swapping to electric pump steering soon)

Engine Management:
    P06 with Hondata
    AEM wideband
    Autometer Z series oil pressure gauge

Body:

red/clear taillights
    clear turn signal lens
    Honda moon roof visor

Interior:

black dash swap
    Corbeua FX 1 Pro seats and tracks (to be acquired)
    harness bar and 2 inch web cam lock harnesses (tbd and acquired)
    black carpet from Stock Interiors (to be acquired)
    bb6 center console
    all interior painted black with Duplicolor Vinyl and plastic paint (to do)
    #7 pool ball drilled and tapped for shift knob ( will change, suggestions welcome)

This car is going to a bare chassis for this build, grab some popcorn and enjoy. I may be forgetting something and the parts list will continue to be updated as I acquire more.
    Last edited by Size9zombie; 05-13-2023, 08:53 PM.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

In the early 2010s I was in the DSM world pretty deep, with a '94 Talon. She had a 4G63T and was awd, fun car when she was running, but that was the problem. That car was one of the most aggrivating cars I have ever had, broken more than it was running seems like.

Around 2015ish, I started looking for a CB to replace the Talon with, and I happened across this 92 for I think $600. So I bought it and promtly got rid of the Talon.

It had steel wheels when I bought it and those were swapped with the CD5 as soon as it got home as the CD5 was about to be painted.
    I drove it in stock fashion for about a year until a faulty radiator cap caused it to overheat and blew the headgasket. I took this opportunity to redo the wheels and put it on some new struts and Eibach prokit springs along with some other maintenance.

​​​

The CB is a chassis that is so much fun to drive with almost nothing done to it, well, 90s Hondas in general. I guess that's why I keep coming back to them.

Here is the first thread I made about this car with more backstory to get to this point. https://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb5/forum/...-and-wifes-cd5
    Last edited by Size9zombie; 05-13-2023, 08:21 PM.

Comment

I have had a good bit of faliures on this car from the headgasket to a failed trans, so this time I am just gonna go ahead and tear it down to bare bones and build it from ground level. This will ensure that everything on the car is in proper shape, and I shouldn't have to do anything major for a long time and I can just enjoy the car.

With my oldest 4 kids right at driving age I will be purchasing a car for each of them for every year for the next few years (they are 13 14 15 and 16). So having this car done would one less thing for me to worry about.
      Last edited by Size9zombie; 03-31-2023, 11:52 AM.

Comment

At this point the car has been sitting in my driveway for a couple of years and the rear calipers have seized. She was sitting in the turn around spot of my driveway but with the help of 2 floor jacks it was rolled up under the carport to be put on jack stands and tore apart.
        My son made the mistake of putting the floor jack under the spare tire area, so now that needs to be straightened out too, lol.

Last edited by Size9zombie; 05-13-2023, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Disassembly started on 3/26/23 with removing the hood, and is now to the point you see here, we have a looong way to go. All nuts, bolts, and parts are bagged or labeled.

Last edited by Size9zombie; 05-13-2023, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Today was a productive day, and a fun one. My younger son came out and helped me so I got to teach him which was a joy . Engine bay is bare, fuel lines, brake lines, fuel tank, chassis harness, seats and some other odds and ends are all off the car. The trunk is currently housing quite a bit of the smaller stuff while the larger bits have kinda just made a pile for the time being. Once I get all the mess cleaned up from inside here I will use dry ice to remove all of the old sound deadening in preperation for LizardSkin.

This is how we got started today....

This is how we ended up....

Things are coming along nicely, they are calling for rain almost this entire upcoming week though which is gonna slow thing down
            Last edited by Size9zombie; 05-13-2023, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Looking good. Are you going to do anything with the interior?

Comment

Undecided, I would love to find an SE to rob, but truely anything but the red that came stock.

Comment

https://www.stockinteriors.com/AutoC...18&ModelId=231

New carpet in a variety of colors and cut piles can be had from here, but it's the trim pieces I'm having trouble finding.

Comment

I think these are the seats I'm gonna go with. The brackets are specific for our chassis, I'm cutting the welded tracks out, as it looks like I've had some water intrusion resulting in some rust.

https://us-dc1-order.store.yahoo.net...BBu3sYKJwA%3D&

Comment

For reference sake, or if anyone else is interested. This is needed for the harnesses with full interior.

Shop racing harness bars from Cipher Auto, NRG, BRAUM Racing, and other great manufacturers from K Series Parts online. Visit us online today.

Comment

I also went with stockinteriors and I chose the carpet with the backing on it, which I don't recommend (especially if you are doing dynomat etc.). It was like wrestling a giant gorilla to get it in the car, it doesn't flex at all and I doubt it added to sound dampening. Also don't cut the rug until it's in the car. There's some spots where I cut it too short like to the right of the drivers gas pedal where it goes up towards the back of the stereo...

Comment

This is awesome. It has been a dream of mine to have my kid and I work on the Accord together. Though she is young she does like to sit the car and pretend to drive it while I work on it. Maybe when she is older she can help with some things. Looking forward to this build!
                          ~Nick~
                          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                            This is awesome. It has been a dream of mine to have my kid and I work on the Accord together. Though she is young she does like to sit the car and pretend to drive it while I work on it. Maybe when she is older she can help with some things. Looking forward to this build!
                            Thanks! He is hooked now, every day it's almost all he talks about. He has been out there helping me every day and says he's loving it.

Maybe he just likes using power tools

I'm gonna be teaching him how to weld on this build too, I have some quarter rust to deal with and a couple other spots I have to fix.

My 6 and 7 year old daughters have been out there playing around too, fetching tools and such, I'm sure your daughter will love it, spending time with daddy. My older son is 16 now and has found a 97 Accord EX sedan that needs some work, so I have been doing that with him teaching him some stuff. I gave him the Procar seats that were in the CB, and since he knows how to weld already he is gonna install them in his car.

Last edited by Size9zombie; 05-13-2023, 08:30 PM.

Comment

This afternoon I'm taking a trip to Beavers Honda, https://www.beaverscarsalvage.com/
                              to get some things, anyone want me to keep an eye out for anything?

Comment

Working...
                              X