Tnwagn : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer has begun. Look for updates in the near future

Easy update: Took out "custom" headlight and replaced with new JDM One Piece (thanks customchord Real good doing business with you)

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

wagon! i love the clean interior. people always miss keeping that part of the car clean always focusing only on the exterior.
      1cor10:31
      - 92 LX coupe
      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
        wagon! i love the clean interior. people always miss keeping that part of the car clean always focusing only on the exterior.
        You could say I'm opposite of most people in that regard. Every weekend during school I came back home from the dorms and vacuumed the interior completely and dusted the dash and other areas. But the car hasn't been washed since.........
        The end of last summer

Time for some TLC for the exterior now that I have time.

Comment

Well crap, I took out alot of stuff from the hatch area earlier and wrote down the weights but I guess I never put it on the site.

Anyway, I took out some more stuff today. What I took out today was 11.8 lbs, which is exactly the same weight as the hatch cover.

EDIT: I re-weighed the pieces I took out a while back and they totaled to 31.6 lbs. Added those numbers to the weight reduction thread as well.

For a complete breakdown of weights check the Weight Reduction Thread

Here is what the hatch area looks like right now

Underneath the trim right at the edge of the hatch was paint that had never been exposed to any elements which looked flawless. I guess that's what the car looked like when it was brand new (not that I would remember, I was only 3 years old then )

On another note, it rained last night and there was crazy wind. Looks like mother nature threw up all over the side of my car. Crap.

Last edited by Tnwagn; 05-10-2008, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Installed the front coil overs today. Just them, nothing else. I'm going to let them settle for a day or two then head to the shop to get aligned and see what's up. Right now it's just lowered about 1" so I don't expect anything big to come up on the alignment. I'll throw some pics up tonight (don't have the camera today).

I tried out the ride on the middle hardness setting and it seemed to ride similar to stock, perhaps a little more aggressive. Held a little better through corners around my neighborhood. Then I turned it all the way to the hardest setting. It was DEFINITELY harsher, but it wasn't unbareable. I don't think I'll leave it there, probably turn it back 2-3 clicks from full hard. But I do have to say, it rode like a roller coaster car at full hard. It stuck in corners like none other.

The rears go in tomorrow.

More stuff is going to be ordered coming up this week and hopefully put in by the end of the month. Camber kits are next to order, then bushings, then rear sway, and finally new lower balljoints for up front. Misc bolts will be purchased given conditions of the ones still in there. I was able to reuse all the bolts in the front so far but I'm sure there are going to be some along the way that either get broken, stripped, or are too rusted to reuse.

Oh yeah, car still hasn't be washed

Comment

Here are the pictures. I decided to do the rear tonight as well, but got lazy and only did one side.

My idea of a perfect night

Rear Installed

The adjustment knob on the inside

How the front currently sits.

Sorry, those were horribly crappy pics. I'll try and get some better ones tomorrow after it's all done.
              Last edited by Tnwagn; 05-13-2008, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Everything is installed and the ride is perfect. Hopefully after getting everything else and lowering a few inches it will still handle alright. Lowering isn't going to help the ride any, but I believe that the other upgrades will at least balance that out if not make it handle even better. Here are the pics.

Comment

nice work on the coilovers...was it hard?
                  MY YOUTUBE Channel Plz Sub for the Support thanks

^^^ Click for the Link ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by samuri88
                    nice work on the coilovers...was it hard?
                    Easy as pie. The hardest part was getting out the rear lower strut mount bolt. As you take it out, the strut pushes down which puts the holes out of line and kind of freezes the bolt up with the strut holes and the bushing it goes into. Took about and hour and a half and a half for the first front one. The second front one took only an hour. The first rear one took only about 50 minutes and the second took about 45 minutes.

Also, coilovers are a way to save a little more weight. The rear coilovers shave 9.6 lbs (each one is 4.8 lbs less than it's stock counterpart). The front coilovers shave off 9.6 lbs as well (each 4.8 less than stock counterparts). Pretty nice little perk I think
                    Last edited by Tnwagn; 05-13-2008, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Looks good buddy....you going to come down to jacobs the 13-15 of june???

Nicole
                      MY RIDE

Yes, I am a chick!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hondaccordgrl
                        Looks good buddy....you going to come down to jacobs the 13-15 of june???
                        Nah, I wish I could but I have summer classes starting up and I'm already kind of wiping out a weekend with Import Alliance so I can't afford to miss another weekend to work on school. Plus, with the way gas is I'm not sure if I could take a hit like that so close to another big trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn
                          Nah, I wish I could but I have summer classes starting up and I'm already kind of wiping out a weekend with Import Alliance so I can't afford to miss another weekend to work on school. Plus, with the way gas is I'm not sure if I could take a hit like that so close to another big trip.
                          we are going to import alliance also, and coming from kansas its about an 11 hour trip one way for me, but i couldnt miss import alliance..

but your wagon is looking clean keep it up

Nicole
                          MY RIDE

Yes, I am a chick!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hondaccordgrl
                            we are going to import alliance also, and coming from kansas its about an 11 hour trip one way for me, but i couldnt miss import alliance..

but your wagon is looking clean keep it up
                            Oh, well shit, I thought he was going to be out of state by Import Alliance. Serves me right for not reading enough. Yeah, it should be awesome. There are going to be a ton of great cars there. Cb7 will be well represented.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn
                              Easy as pie. The hardest part was getting out the rear lower strut mount bolt. As you take it out, the strut pushes down which puts the holes out of line and kind of freezes the bolt up with the strut holes and the bushing it goes into. Took about and hour and a half and a half for the first front one. The second front one took only an hour. The first rear one took only about 50 minutes and the second took about 45 minutes.

Also, coilovers are a way to save a little more weight. The rear coilovers shave 9.6 lbs (each one is 4.8 lbs less than it's stock counterpart). The front coilovers shave off 9.6 lbs as well (each 4.8 less than stock counterparts). Pretty nice little perk I think

O..so it not that bad 2 do ....and you love shavin out the weight of the wagon....nice work bro
                              MY YOUTUBE Channel Plz Sub for the Support thanks

^^^ Click for the Link ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by samuri88

O..so it not that bad 2 do ....and you love shavin out the weight of the wagon....nice work bro
                                Yeah, weight loss is where it's at! I'd say that if I got aggressive with this weight loss thing I could cut out around 200 lbs easily. I don't think that will happen anytime soon, but it's nice to know that I'm just hitting the peak of the iceberg. Plus, less weight = easier to drive the motor = more MGP

Comment

Working...
                                X