mndude07 : 1992 Accord DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
    Cool, what color are you going to paint the transmission case?
    Its just going to be a medium silver color, and all the brackets and stuff will be black. It'll look pretty OEM, which is all I want really. It'll look clean and new though.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
      Its just going to be a medium silver color, and all the brackets and stuff will be black. It'll look pretty OEM, which is all I want really. It'll look clean and new though.
      ive been wanting to paint my block and tranny. just......dont know what color. lol. black? silver? idk.

but the car is coming along nicely man.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
        ive been wanting to paint my block and tranny. just......dont know what color. lol. black? silver? idk.

but the car is coming along nicely man.
        Thanks man!
        Not sure about black or silver for you. I thought about both as well, but settled on silver. Whatever you do, I would paint them both the same color. A gunmetal color would be cool too?

Comment

Thanks man!
          Not sure about black or silver for you. I thought about both as well, but settled on silver. Whatever you do, I would paint them both the same color. A gunmetal color would be cool too?
          yeah. i might have to take the tranny out or at least disconnect everything to make sure i get every part. lol.

the block might be getting painted tomorrow tho. not sure yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
            yeah. i might have to take the tranny out or at least disconnect everything to make sure i get every part. lol.

the block might be getting painted tomorrow tho. not sure yet.
            Cool. If you do, make sure you take pics and let me know how it turns out.

Here's some pics of more swap parts I got. The cables and shifter assembly I got from a junkyard, but everything in the other picture is brand new.

Comment

Cool! I wanna do that to my vc and that thing that says "HOT"(it's where headers go).
              1990 Accord EX

Comment

Cool. If you do, make sure you take pics and let me know how it turns out.

Here's some pics of more swap parts I got. The cables and shifter assembly I got from a junkyard, but everything in the other picture is brand new.

awwwwww snap!!! its on now.....

Comment

Hell yeah! Im getting excited to get this done.

I'm almost more excited to be getting rid of my automatic than I am to actually be getting a 5 speed though.

Comment

Not this weekend, but the next I'm putting the car in its first car show ever. Just a small local show.

Its been good persuasion for me to get some other crap done though. I'm changing my trunk to completely black, and putting 1/2" thick sound-deadening foam behind all the side panels...so that will look and sound good. My hopes are to cut down some of the interior exhaust noise, as well as improve the sound quality of the subwoofer. Pics will be up when its all done for sure.

As for the 5 speed swap...I was going to get everything else I needed from the junkyard today since I was off work...but it rained.

Hopefully this weekend I can get the pedals and hardlines I need.

Comment

I'm starting to get down to minor details of this swap now...like shift knob, boot, pedals, etc.

I'm pretty set on this Blox knob. Its almost a pound in weight. I'm just not sure on color.

For the boot, black leather for sure...but what color stitching?
                      Orange, or gray?

..and I'm pretty set on these pedals. Sparco Corsa

Now if I get the bronze knob, I'll want the orange stitching and that'll go with my amber interior lights.

Or, I could get the gunmetal knob with the gray stitching to match the whole car.

That torch blue knob...well its just really cool, but I guess it would look out of place in my car. I know these are all stupid little things, but still stuff I have to decide. If anyone has any feedback, positive or negative, let me know!

Comment

are you on mnhondas.com?

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
                        And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
                        Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Originally posted by J3wman View Post
                          are you on mnhondas.com?
                          No, I'm not. I don't even live in Minnesota actually. The MN in my screen name means something completely different. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

get the torch blue knob and those pedals. DO IT!!!

Comment

Ok, I just ordered:

I'm going to wait on the custom boot until I figure out my final shifter height.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X