Clear All

gloryaccordy: 1992 Accord LX

Index:
    Front page: You're here
    Page 6: Progression pics through 5/23/07

Back in the game bitches...

5018= VTEC crossover point

_________///CONCEPT- Return To Civilization\\\_________

My goal for this car is for it to look good, be a sleeper, and be civilized enough for my dad to drive on the hottest day in July. I want to be able to teach my brother and G/F to drive stick on this beast and hang with a B18C swapped Civic in the same car. That means P/S and A/C are going back on the car. The wheels will be OEM. The paint will be clean. The exhaust note will be quiet enough for road trips. The clutch will be tough but the pressure plate will be easy to modulate. The audio system will be modest but of respectable sound quality.

But on the flip side, the suspension will be more sure footed. It will probably have a tuned ECU to maximize power. It will have high performance tires. Perhaps I'll get some Recaro style front seats. Etc., etc.

The concept here is not to completely abandon all creature comforts, as I've found in the last two days that no P/S and A/C, a droning exhaust, a ridiculously heavy clutch and somewhat ambiguous shifter takes a toll on a driver, even one as young, in good health and tolerant as myself.

In short, I have no lofty aspirations of having the fastest, cleanest, or most JDM CB... I'm looking to make what Honda should have made in '93. A CB with the thrills of VTEC, the sure-footedness of the Neuspeed/Koni setup, but the comfort and luxury of a normal Accord.

Naturally with a car with 257K miles on the chassis there are some issues to address... but once those are sorted out, the fun will begin.

ENGINE
    ODB-II JDM H22A
    JDM P13 ECU
    Cone filter
    Straight 2.5" exhaust
    OEM-style muffler, 4/15/07
    No PS, A/C

DRIVETRAIN
    JDM H22A tranny built by Gearspeed
    Quaife LSD
    OEM 97-01 Prelude clutch and flywheel, 4/30/07
    OEM CD5 shift assembly, 5/05/07

SUSPENSION
    Neuspeed Sport Springs
    Koni Yellow SP3 shocks
    Suspension Technique sway bars
    Egay strut bars
    Powerslot slotted rotors
    Hawk HP pads
    15" Prelude sawblades, painted black

INTERIOR
    Random switches and stuff I don't know about
    Jensen CD/MP3/Auxiliary headunit (4/16/06)

EXTERIOR
    25% tint
    OEM Bordeaux Red hood, 5/05/07

PLANS

Slow but steady wins the race... pics to come soon
    • Maintenance- stainless steel brake and clutch lines, new tires (so far- new axles, new clutch)
    • Comfort- Pioneer H/U, Dayton tweeters, mids, and 12" sub, Profile 4ch and mono amp, stock shifter, reinstallation of P/S, reinstallation of A/C if feasible
    • Cleanliness- Paint job, rust removal, OEM front end w/JDM headlights and turn signals
    • Performance- Tuned P28, Ground Control coilovers

I'm hoping to complete the major maintenance and smaller comfort issues by mid-summer or so... no real rush. In any case, never mind my past frustrations. I have the money and the time, and I'm happy as hell to be back in the CB game. I had the choice of getting something newer, stock, and IMO lame... I think this is a nice return. Stay tuned!!!
    Last edited by gloryaccordy; 05-23-2007, 10:47 PM.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

sounds familiar lol.

that car needs a $300 maaco job IMO. always figured that car would end up going to you. more fun than the old f, eh?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

cool shit glad to see your back and didnt get discouraged with your last project

-sean
      Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
      Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
        sounds familiar lol.

that car needs a $300 maaco job IMO. always figured that car would end up going to you. more fun than the old f, eh?
        It's gonna need a little more than that... the right rear quarter panel is pretty bad. The paint on the car is pretty good though, it just needs some TLC... I'd rather that than an all-out paint job.

As far as this compared to the F... I gotta sort out this tranny issue before I can make a judgement. But in the past few weeks I've driven an H22 w/o VTEC ( I think it had a P06 ECU, the cutoff was at 6.8K, SMH) and an S2000... and honestly they all felt about the same as this in 3rd and beyond. If there's one thing I miss about my old F, it's how good it sounded... the exhaust drones a lot and the intake sounds stock. Before it croaked, my old F would scream to redline, and with that H23 IM it pulled pretty hard as well... and it was dead quiet cruising because it had a stockish muffler. I asked Alvin if I could buy my car back and he said no so I went with the next best thing...

I'm hoping this adjustment works... I'll keep you guys posted. And shit's gonna go slow as I'm saving for a house. My next mods will probably be the audio stuff and a stockish muffler, like, tomorrow.
        Last edited by gloryaccordy; 04-13-2007, 11:17 PM.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

get that paint and body work done asap man

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
            It's gonna need a little more than that... the right rear quarter panel is pretty bad. The paint on the car is pretty good though, it just needs some TLC... I'd rather that than an all-out paint job.

As far as this compared to the F... I gotta sort out this tranny issue before I can make a judgement. But in the past few weeks I've driven an H22 w/o VTEC ( I think it had a P06 ECU, the cutoff was at 6.8K, SMH) and an S2000... and honestly they all felt about the same as this in 3rd and beyond. If there's one thing I miss about my old F, it's how good it sounded... the exhaust drones a lot and the intake sounds stock. Before it croaked, my old F would scream to redline, and with that H23 IM it pulled pretty hard as well... and it was dead quiet cruising because it had a stockish muffler. I asked Alvin if I could buy my car back and he said no so I went with the next best thing...

I'm hoping this adjustment works... I'll keep you guys posted. And shit's gonna go slow as I'm saving for a house. My next mods will probably be the audio stuff and a stockish muffler, like, tomorrow.
            Glad to hear you got sparkle's car, I couldnt give you back the car cause I had alot of shit done to it already and the asking price would be way above what you would want. But like I told you if you needed help with another cb i would be glad to help u out.

Comment

so how much did you pay for it? and is this sparkles almighty type S?

Comment

Originally posted by gdout90accord
                so how much did you pay for it? and is this sparkles almighty type S?
                Duh!

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by DhN
                  get that paint and body work done asap man
                  Nah that shit's minor... axles, this tranny shit and audio first. My head still hurts from the exhaust droning

And yes this is the "almighty" Type-S... with an emphasis on the "'s

Comment

lol..ive seen the car

aint the minor imo
                    and glad u finally stopped whining and got a whip..treat her right..good luck

Comment

good to hear. hope you got a deal.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

very nice glory! can't wait to see what you've got in stored for this 'almight type-s' beast.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

cant wait to see some pics
                          93 accord: F22A swap,T3/T4 turbo, tail wastegate, front mount 27x13x3, hks turbo timer, turbo xs boost controller, msd igintion, 3in downpipe, crane cam 11mm plug wires, denso plugs, no ac or ps,wire tuck, cutted insides, one seat, auto meter boost gauge,oil pressure, a/f,and 5 in tach,act clutch and flywheel.

93 prelude: jdm headlights,OEM carbon fiber hood, tein lowering springs, work racing rims with kumho tires, msd wires and denso plugs,type r shift boot

Comment

hey buddy im happy to see you back in the game but im not seeing any pics of the car...
                            accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                            ....................My New Baby
                            SOLD TO
                            ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

yea we wanna see some pics
                              i LOVE jdM

Comment

Working...
                              X