Playing Around in Photshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
    It looks like decent work but the backgrounds you picked are way out of place with the foreground you have. Not bashing it at all, just saying it might be more advantageous to add in a more convincing background next time you're bored
    Thanks brsteinbach .. hahaha Tn .. I'm just palying with it ..
    It's fun to create "fantasies" with .. I came across a Calender of Golf Courses once,
    and every shot was photoshopped from like over hanging cliffs, with shots that you had to make
    like, up a 200 foot cliff .. then monster ravines .. totally insane stuff ..

It had nothing to do with being "convincing" ..
    I'm from the old school fim days .. and we worked harrrd in the dark-rooms ..
    Today .. with the new digital age .. specially these guys that always say,
    "Oh well, I try do it ALL in the camera .. and NOT even bother with shop ..."

I say fine .. lol! More power to those people .. but shop was created for a reason.
    It's a dark-room in a computer .. and with it, anyone can do sooo much more
    then any lil ole dark-room could ever imagine!

The people that don't like shop, and try to be perfect in the camera, are crazy ..
    I also try to get the best possible expousre as well, just like I did when I shot medium format,
    just like I did when I shot 35mm .. whatever .. it cost alot more then to run thru film.

If it ain't just so in the camera .. which it hardly ever is ... and if people think it is,
    they're kidding themselves .. there's always the comuter dark-room to help you through it.

These images are just foolin around shit .. gettin me used to certain "tools" that I hardy ever use.

I really never try to make anything look "real" anyway .. WTF kina fun is that anyhow?
    I really like how that last one came out .. and if anyone wants to play with it as well,
    have it .. I'll include the original so you might have a go yourself ...

Yeahhhh I know it does'nt look "convincing" .. sheesh lol! You really think I'd try to pass that off
    as a real image? It's art .. it's playing with a bunch a layers and 3 different exposures ..
    It's called fun .. and I'm glad most people enjoy it ..

Here's the original ... bored? Have some fun with it ..

Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

To make the foreground/middleground more convincing with a background change, it helps to adjust the levels and color balance of your foreground/background. Try to make each layer match as best as possible. You may have to go back and forth between depths/layers and play with the color information.

Image > Adjustments > Levels, Hue/Saturation, Color Balance

Otherwise, nice lil chops there.
      My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Joshy View Post
        To make the foreground/middleground more convincing with a background change, it helps to adjust the levels and color balance of your foreground/background. Try to make each layer match as best as possible. You may have to go back and forth between depths/layers and play with the color information.

Image > Adjustments > Levels, Hue/Saturation, Color Balance

Otherwise, nice lil chops there.
        Grrr .. I'm TRYING to do it that way LOL!
        I want it *fantasy* looking .. I don't even know the fuckin word .. ahhahahaha!
        BUT .. there's an entire series like this .. (course I can't find it when I NEED it)
        But I dont wanna "match" each layer .. I want them separate ..

If I was trying to match each layer (or image) that wouldn't be half as fun ..
        and if I really tried to find matching images (layers) or what ever .. it'd be alot easier.

Why does everything with photography have to "look convincing" to most people?
        "Normal" is just an opinion ... "Image > Adjustments > Levels, Hue/Saturation, Color Balance"
        thanks .. but I'm quite familiar with those "Adjustments" .. lol

I made a living shooting for 25 years lol .. and I still do alotta stuff that pays, and pays well.
        I'm trying something here that I saw someone else (or other photographers) do
        that I thought (IMHO anyway) was done quite fricken amazingly!

It's just different .. LMAO Joshy .. it's meant to look like that ...
        Whats the fun making everything look "normal"? eeewww!

Tomi

Comment

are u using a trial version or full ? looks really nice. i had PSP8 and they has so many friggin tools i didnt know where to begin. and u c these youtube clips of guys turnin fat chicks hot n all that jazz
          frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

I understand a little better now. At first I thought you were trying to make up a scene that was interesting yet still convicing. I know get that you're just trying to make something that looks cool without actually being anywhere near possible. Sorry for the confusion

Originally posted by Maple50175
            Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
              are u using a trial version or full ? looks really nice. i had PSP8 and they has so many friggin tools i didnt know where to begin. and u c these youtube clips of guys turnin fat chicks hot n all that jazz
              Yeah, full version .. and those guys that turn those fatties into sticks are truly talented!
              Is it something I'd do? I don't think so, but it's been done way before photoshop was even around.

There's an article I read recently, where The Brits have put a new law into effect.
              They claim that Olay, (I believe it was Olay) used an image of Twiggy on their cover,
              and that, at the age of what .. 60? They made her look like 30 lol!

Sooo, they made them pull the magazines, and I believe actually wrote a new law
              stating that "altercations" of the like .. were a real no no .. and, could be subject to fines!!
              LOL! I guess ole Hugh Hefner has been gettin by for the last 50 years by his chinny chin chin!

But enough of that lol .. Americans are so obsessed with the culture of Vouge, Cosmo,
              and the countless other magazines that have so much shop done, it boggles the mind.
              Maybe one day here in America, we'll bring the hammer down on over-photoshopped Magazine covers.
              But I highly doubt it ... we've been mis-leading the American public for so long,
              why change now? LOL!

And yeah, I agree .. there's alotta tools in shop .. and everyone of them is very useful.
              I wanna get a full version of CS4 .. I'd really like to delve into the HDR side of things.

There's just so much that can be done, unlike the limited dark-room of days gone by.
              But I'll tell you .. in the last 8 years that I've shot digital as opposed to film,
              the one thing that I've taken from it is, it's alot like shooting chrome in the ole days.
              Not a whole lotta room for exposure error. Not like the old C-41 process of negatives.
              Negatives were almost alllllways salvageable .. but, if a chrome image was off by +/- 2 stops,
              you were pretty dead in the water lol!

So with keeping that in mind .. if I can keep my exposure to the right in digital ..
              it makes post processing alot easier, and much more manageable ..

And thanks for the comment lol .. (I tend to ramble no?)
              I've left the original image up, a few posts ago.. and seriously, anyone is welcome to play with it.
              Not the best of exposure's .. but I'd love to see what someone else could do ..

And like I said .. the magnetic tool, along with the polygonal tool, is something I hardly ever use.
              I just haven't had the need .. and I was bored when I did that lol .. just playin around.
              I really wanted to see if I could actually slide around those trees with it ..
              Not as good as I wanted .. but, better then I expected ..

And I like the color foreground, fading into an all B/W back-ground .. plays tricks with the eyes.

I gotta find that link that I read like a year ago where people were doing some ammaazing things
              with scenic's and land-scapes .. ocean shots .. truly eye candy, awe inspiring stuff!

Tomi

Comment

Working...
              X