critique!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

critique!

few shots from tonight...my favorites are 3 & 4. Let me know what you think!

JDMRIDES.ca

My favorites are 1 and 4.
    But I'm a photo noob, just kinda getting into it. So I can't really be too much help, but I think they all look pretty good. 2 is my least favorite, everything seems TOO yellow and the church is TOO bright kinda throwing me off. But maybe that's just me.

Cool picks.
    Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7
      My favorites are 1 and 4.
      But I'm a photo noob, just kinda getting into it. So I can't really be too much help, but I think they all look pretty good. 2 is my least favorite, everything seems TOO yellow and the church is TOO bright kinda throwing me off. But maybe that's just me.

Cool picks.
      i completely agree with you about #2. and its not a church...its a courthouse

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

Originally posted by lowakkord
        i completely agree with you about #2. and its not a church...its a courthouse
        hahhaha. It just had such a white glow... like an angel or a church. But actually, I just didn't really look at it, my bad.

The other pics I really like. Must have used a tripod... something I need to acquire.

Comment

sure did, cheap ass one too! $24

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

I definitley like #1 the most. It seems like you could have focused more on the courtyard though, and centered the statue in the middle. However, it definitley doesnt look bad with the stairs as (what Im assuming is) the focal point.
            -Mark-
            CB7
            CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
            Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
              I definitley like #1 the most. It seems like you could have focused more on the courtyard though, and centered the statue in the middle. However, it definitley doesnt look bad with the stairs as (what Im assuming is) the focal point.
              stairs/stair cover thingy were the focal point yes. and thanks.

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

Hmm.

Any old cheap tripod should work... right? I need to research tripods then look around.

And yeah, good point. Maybe some pics of the statue could have turned out? But good spot.

Comment

a cheap tripod is a cheap tripod...theyre all the same with different names printed on, go to Zellers and buy the cheapest one you can find!

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

Hmmm. Yeah, I was just wondering if there are different sizes or anything. Like for different cameras...

Otherwise I can just wait for craigslist to pop up for like 10 bucks. hah.

Comment

Why do most of your shots look kinda yellow? I dunno its either just me or something. Just most of the pictures you take look yellow on my screen lol. At first I thought it was lighting like in the other car pics but I dunno.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

as for the yellow in the pics i believe the white balance was really off. making sure your white balance is set properly is key to getting a good color balance in your photos. it looks like the camera was set to the indoors lightbulb preset. try to use the manual white balance and the pics will look a lot better.

any tripod sould work, however, it might depend on a camera you have. The 18-70mm lense for my Nikon D70 weighs as much as the camera body if not more and a cheap light tripod will not support it well enough. if you have a light point and shoot any tripod should be fine
                        The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
                        Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
                        Check out my JDM F22B swap
                        Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Hmm. Well I have a point in shoot. But it's not really cheap or light.
                          Here it is: Sony H5

And I'm also hoping to upgrade to a DSLR (Nikon D40 maybe) in like a year maybe because this is actually my parents camera and that's when I move out ( ). So if I bought a tripod now I'd want it to last.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7wagonPL
                            as for the yellow in the pics i believe the white balance was really off. making sure your white balance is set properly is key to getting a good color balance in your photos. it looks like the camera was set to the indoors lightbulb preset. try to use the manual white balance and the pics will look a lot better.

it was on AWB, which i know, is not very good, but ive been toying around with all kinds of things with this camera, and custom white balance is next. woot.

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

Working...
                            X