Which Remote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Remote?

Ok, I've finally decided to buy a wireless remote for my Rebel XT. I'd like to stick to a Canon one, unless someone has a review of another one. Both the RC-1 and RC-5 i believe are the only wireless remotes that Canon offers, however, I've been reading up about these, they are very similar in price, they both offer 0 and 2 second delays, and both are able to be 5m/16 feet from the camera. So whats the difference? Is it just personal preference?

Thanks in advance.

JDMRIDES.ca

Originally posted by lowakkord
    Ok, I've finally decided to buy a wireless remote for my Rebel XT. I'd like to stick to a Canon one, unless someone has a review of another one. Both the RC-1 and RC-5 i believe are the only wireless remotes that Canon offers, however, I've been reading up about these, they are very similar in price, they both offer 0 and 2 second delays, and both are able to be 5m/16 feet from the camera. So whats the difference? Is it just personal preference?

Thanks in advance.
    i believe personal preference is key to anything. it's how you feel about it. another person's opinion should not play a key role in the decisions you make. i too have been thinking about getting a wireless remote.
    Last edited by Shinobi; 11-05-2007, 02:41 AM.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

depends on what you need it for i would get the RC-1, a lil product research help guys

rc-1

rc5

rc -1 offers immediate shutter and 2 second delay while rc5 only shoots after a 2 second delay. rc 1 also offers u to shoot with a remote while bing on bulb. if you tried shooting manual mode you should know that you can't use the timer and the remote comes in handy with this.

for my use i would get the rc-1, but then the rc-1 covers the rc5's function anyways. and if im not mistaken the rc5 is an obsolete remote just like the digital rebel
      So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

get the rc-1, ive been using that for awhile, its great cause its compact and it fits on the camera strap so you dont even know its there until you unclip it if u need it. If you wanna be cheap and experiment, some of the nokia phone attachments can activate the shutter when connected to the port. this can be handy if your doing rig shots and want to trigger the camera from inside the cabin.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

i understand that ur looking for a wireless remote, but check this DIY out, i've been wanted to make one, for use with my tripod and to make bulb shots alot easier ..

DIY wired 2-step(1step for focus.. 1step for capture) remote..
          http://martybugs.net/photography/remote.cgi
          -:¦:-
          Originally posted by wed3k
          i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN
            i understand that ur looking for a wireless remote, but check this DIY out, i've been wanted to make one, for use with my tripod and to make bulb shots alot easier ..

DIY wired 2-step(1step for focus.. 1step for capture) remote..
            http://martybugs.net/photography/remote.cgi

^^ Thats pretty cool..

Thanks a lot guys, Ill be purchasing an RC-1.

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

Working...
            X