My Progress Timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Progress Timeline

Ok, after 2 weeks of owning a 300D, I've finally been able to go outside on a miniphotoshoot. I've been busy with a lot of school work and my job (I still am, but hey I need a break) so this is my first real photoshoot after practicing at my home and reading my manual a few times. I took 23 shots, kept 5, and of those 5, I like maybe... 1 (Lol). I need criticism badly guys so please help this amateur out. And here come the 5....

work on defining your subject...think of every picture like your last. What are you trying to say with your picture...and what is taking away from your subject

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

what mode are u using?

Comment

shot in Av... ISO was at 800 (didn't notice until after i took all the pictures). f/5.6 for these, if i remember correctly.

Comment

Pics look nice and clear.....

Try varying ISO settings in "M" mode, and then adjust shutter speed and take the same picture multiple times with different settings. You will find the exposure can vary alot....
          1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Thanks for the tip, that should help me point out which picture looks better in varying settings. I'll definitely try that. Thanks

Comment

pix are getting better, becareful of your settings photog's check settings every photo
              So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

A bit overexposed. Not bad otherwise.
                ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                Short ram intake
                Tenrai Himoto catback
                Smashed front end
                Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                  work on defining your subject...think of every picture like your last. What are you trying to say with your picture...and what is taking away from your subject
                  2x, I have a similar problem. Thats my advice well. Have a message. Sometimes its cool just to take a picture because its an amazing shot or its beautiful. Sometimesyou take a shot because it says something. I'm not some idealist who says every pictures needs to say something or that every pictures needs to be amazing, but these, frankly don't really fall into either category. While technically they are pretty good, they serve very little purpose.

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

the last picture reminds me of the game "crazy taxi" for some reason
                    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Where in Queens Was this? Looks familiar.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
                        Where in Queens Was this? Looks familiar.
                        First picture was of my job, Queens Center Mall. The last picture is my neighborhood in Elmhurst. 43rd ave and Ithaca Street. And where I'm standing is the bridge that goes over the LIRR.. Well i think its the LIRR.

Comment

Another update using maroonaccord's technique. Took 37 pictures total with the same 3 still-life objects. Messed with settings and I picked the best 3. Just lookin for my criticism and advice on them. Oh, shot with a 50mm f/1.8.

Comment

Man, I want a Blackberry. I just don't want T-Mobile.

Good pics! But, I'm no pro. The Subi looks good!

1999 BMW M3
                            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Ok, so weather has been killing me lately. Everytime I have time to go out shooting, it's either rained or snowed. About a week ago, I went to the American Museum of Natural History for school to take notes on the evolution of jaws, hands, and other random shit that makes us what we are now. After I jotted all the notes i could, I wandered off and started taking pictures. I wasn't very happy with the outcome. The incandescent light really killed the shots and there was a lot of people and stuff going on in the background. I only took one shot that I kind of liked. Its nothing great, but I think its interesting. I promise I'll go out one day and improve my shooting ability as soon as i get these 4 exams over with and I'm free of work. Enough blabbering... here's the shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X