No announcement yet.

So I went to my junk yard and bought this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you are telling me that I don't know shit and how hard this will be how about you take a look at almostjdms swap and tell me how hard this is. so piss off sir
    91 Honda Accord LX Rebuild Status
    06 Nissan 350Z Summer Daily Driver
    06 Subaru Impreza Winter Daily Driver

Comment

And where do you find an engine and trans for 200 bucks all I found are in the 1000s

Comment

No one is being hostile with you at all. I'm simply making sure you understand that this isn't just one step above a H22A swap. It's a challenging undertaking. So put the keyboard down until you can control your temper.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Then you should not assume shit and I also knew it would not be as easy as a h22a or f20b swap

Comment

Man you guys are debbie downers. If he went as far as to get the engine and trans I'd say he is serious.

Best of luck to you sir!
            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Thank you sir

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey9012 View Post
                Then you should not assume shit and I also knew it would not be as easy as a h22a or f20b swap
                Calm down.
                Jarrett asked you a pretty simple question (and an understandable one at that) Which you could have simply answered.
                No need to jump on someone who may actually be able give info that you need in the future.

NO-ONE said you didn't know what you were doing. And NO-ONE directly doubted your abilities.
                People are just trying to help YOU by making sure you knew that it wasn't a simple swap.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Awesome news man! Hope it turns out sweet for ya!

Comment

Thanks Raf99

Comment

Well make sure everything if okay when you prep it, hope everything works out well for you .

Comment

Thank you man

Comment

Good luck with all the stuff man. I asked about a swap like this and got negative feedback but its good to see you are really going through with this. Maybe you can do a write up for us and someday Ks will be more common on CBs.
                          10th Anniversary Accord.
                          05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

I just would like to clarify something, I was in no way being negative towards the op nor was that my intention. I hope he does complete this swap and I am in no way telling him it is a bad idea. I was simply pointing out the amount of money and work this particular
                            motor swap takes. With that said, I wih you the best of luck and I hope you share your progress with us as it takes place.

Comment

^ never said you did dude. I think he knows how much he is going to put into it. If i get a job im looking for at a diesel shop i might be able to afford to do this too but one can only wish for the best.
                              10th Anniversary Accord.
                              05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Originally posted by 10thAnnivCB7 View Post
                                Good luck with all the stuff man. I asked about a swap like this and got negative feedback but its good to see you are really going through with this. Maybe you can do a write up for us and someday Ks will be more common on CBs.
                                Imo I don't think K's will ever become more common in a CB. Because the amount of money and work you will have to spend. When you can h swap and make more power. Heck we got people who cant even do a simple h swap with out messing it up. Only reason most people do k's is because of the hey look what I have factor. And half the time most folks pick these cars up for couple 100 bucks and don't even want to spend 500 dollars or so on proper maintenance so let alone 4 to 5 grand on a swap.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Working...
                                X