Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do wires need to be moved for strut tower bars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do wires need to be moved for strut tower bars?

the question is simply what the title asks. I'm still running the f22a1 and planning to get strut tower bars for Christmas or soon after. What I want to know is; The wires by the upper front strut towers look they are going to be in the way of a direct bolt in for the tower bar. Do they typically need to be moved (relocated) and if so where is the spot where these wires (and connecters) usually find their new home. I wouldn't mind the neater appearance of said wires being moved some anyway, and again I'm planning on doing the strut tower bars for Christmas. I'm trying to get a head start, so I can just bolt in the tower bars when I get them.
    Here's what I'm working with tell me what you think.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193759

The only ones I felt like I had to do something to was on the passenger side front strut tower. my brace was rubbing up against the 3 harnesses with the orange clips. I honestly dont know what they are for, but I just removed the bracket those 3 are clipped into so they aren't being forced up against the the bracket.

I removed another useless bracket on the driver side that prevented me from bolting on that brace. I'll take pictures in a little bit

I need a tuck as well
    Last edited by Quashish; 12-01-2012, 12:53 PM.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

What bar design is Santa bringing you? I have the neuspeed style. And I just had to slid wires to the side for the moment.
      "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

I used to have the Neuspeed bar as well. I believe I had to scoot some of the shock tower wires over just a bit...nothing major.

I'm getting a cb7 again soon, does anyone know if they still make the Neuspeed bars? It was an excellent piece. Strong and light.
        There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

there is an identical one on ebay for even less, idk if it is the same wall thickness though.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
            I'm getting a cb7 again soon, does anyone know if they still make the Neuspeed bars?
            http://import.neuspeed.com/180/0/0/1...t-tie-bar.html

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
            there is an identical one on ebay for even less, idk if it is the same wall thickness though.
            This is the ebay bar made or labeled by sprint.

"My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=87955962338

I'm thinking I'll get this one I know it cheaP but I don't like asking my parents for anything expensive. They have helped me more than enough you know... Assuming this is the bar they end up getting me (if they don't get me an off the wall gift) do y'all think I will need to move wire?

Comment

The hinges on the eBay one you posted allow a good deal of flex still, maybe find a solid one like the Neuspeed... Unless you just want it for looks, then go for it.

Comment

I was wondering about that, I found the sprint bar on ebay 45 shipped and my fiancé said that she's going to get it so I'll have one really close to the nuespeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Watson View Post
                    I was wondering about that, I found the sprint bar on ebay 45 shipped and my fiancé said that she's going to get it so I'll have one really close to the nuespeed.
                    as far as i know, they are identical. the mounting tabs and angles seem to be the same, it might just have a different coating.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

The ebay style of strut tower bar allows a twisting movement easier than the neuspeed style, but I think it is about as strong in bending.

An advantage of the ebay style is that you can increase the preload.

If someone made a strut bar with round aluminum tube with 4 attachment points like the Neuspeed bar, but then had a threaded turnbuckle in the middle for preload adjustment, that would be ideal. Maybe someone should do it. I'd buy one......
                      There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X