Microsoft's Fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft's Fall

I have noticed that ever since Gates stepped down, the company has taken a turn for the worse. Their products in my experience have taken too many shortcuts. There are many cut corners that many inexperienced people would not notice which is fine but I have seen many small things that add up. A good example of the noticeable problems is when I am listening to music but then I want to go to YouTube, I start the video and the music is still playing. This is not it, there are many examples of this I have noticed. It is stuff like this that has been steering me away from liking Microsoft anymore.

What do you guys think?
    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Their OS used to be pixel perfect and tailored to include niche details. They have been progressively removing them one by one and replacing it with a glitchy, sloppy, "flash website" looking interface.

I was always a huge MS fan (98 SE... 2000... XP SP2... and i stopped there) with all of my development work being MS based. A number of years ago I stopped using Microsoft servers, and have been running exclusively linux boxes. Couple months ago, I finally installed Linux on my desktop, and absolutely adore it. All of the attention to detail that MS used to be known for... done RIGHT, with features above and beyond.

I too agree MS has been on the decline and we are going to witness the end of their reign (it already ended, honestly). Nobody needs their OS because its the only one supported anymore- nowadays anybody uses any OS and everything works with it anyway.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
    X