Lower ball joint Energy dust boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lower ball joint Energy dust boot

So Energy makes polyurethane boots for our upper and lower ball joints. Only catch is you have to strip the original boots off and run the polyurethane without a metal clip on top. They kind of just stay smooshed in place when installed correctly.

They are durable as hell but I have my doubts as to environmental sealing, does anyone else use them or have an opinion?
    RoaR MRT

Originally posted by close2classic View Post
    So Energy makes polyurethane boots for our upper and lower ball joints. Only catch is you have to strip the original boots off and run the polyurethane without a metal clip on top. They kind of just stay smooshed in place when installed correctly.

They are durable as hell but I have my doubts as to environmental sealing, does anyone else use them or have an opinion?
    I'm using them, and I was skeptical about them sealing. But after putting them on and getting a satisfying "snap"!, I was sold that they sealed.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Honda sells replacement balljoint boots. They're 6 bucks each at the dealer. I've seen original balljoints at the JY that are over 15-20 yrs old and they're still intact.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

thanks for the replies, Im comparing a new OEM LBJ to an aftermarket and Im not impressed with the rubber quality on either. Its a tough call, but I think I will strip the honda boot and put the Energy on.
        RoaR MRT

Comment

I'm running the Energy Suspension boots on both upper and lower ball joints. I was skeptical at first since they don't use snap rings or any equivalent, but they seem to seal very well since after 2 years the grease was still there and fresh when I had them off during some work on the hub.

Euro CB7 2.2i [F22A3] --> [H22A7]

Comment

i use em, cheap but very effective and wont rot away like rubber ones. i've had mine on for about 2 years or more. inspected them not long ago and they are still filled with clean grease.

-sean
            Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
            Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

ok i will sound like a total idiot here but are you guys saying these boots actually replace the OEM boot?? because i have a full energy kit and i just put that boot over the OEM one...it covers it perfectly so i figured it was some kind of useless reinforcement...
              i recently replaced both UCAs by moog ones and i noticed the boot was slightly bigger so the energy boot was not covering it completly, it was in fact forcing on it and i figured it would harm the moog boot..so i removed them...

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201008

Comment

Originally posted by Cb7_Qc View Post
                ok i will sound like a total idiot here but are you guys saying these boots actually replace the OEM boot?? because i have a full energy kit and i just put that boot over the OEM one...it covers it perfectly so i figured it was some kind of useless reinforcement...
                i recently replaced both UCAs by moog ones and i noticed the boot was slightly bigger so the energy boot was not covering it completly, it was in fact forcing on it and i figured it would harm the moog boot..so i removed them...
                you're supposed to remove the OEM boot and then put the energy one on packed with grease.

I had them in the past and they do seal pretty well with a nice pop sound, but I only went OEM since they were local and I didn't have to wait a week for the energy ones to get here.

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I've had the energy boots for the tie rod ends let debris into the joint. Because of that I never used them on the ball joints. But others are saying they work fine for the ball joints.

As far as replacing the whole joint, Moog is just as good as OEM, with really good quality rubber.
                  My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
                    As far as replacing the whole joint, Moog is just as good as OEM, with really good quality rubber.

True, I'm currently using Moog outer tire rod ends and UCAs. But I decided to go OEM for the LBJs for peace of mind. Plus, they were cheaper.
                    Originally posted by Mishakol129
                    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

well...you learn something new everyday i guess!

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201008

Comment

1- what is the difference between the polyurethane ones and the original ones ?
                        2- can someone do a DIY when changing to the polyurethane ones ? what should be modified than the original ones in order to fit them properly? ( pictures if possible )

some of mine are squashed and they were still like that since I bought the car, if the polyurethane are more durable then I'll order them online instead of buying the originals rubber... just how much durable in comparison to the originals ?

what boots is the OP talking about ?!

Last edited by EsperHamid; 09-16-2013, 12:12 PM.

Comment

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...rod=16%2E13102
                          "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Comment

driving/ weather

Protection level factor of the polyurethane boots comes with driving habits I think. One guy say there was clean grease after 2 years in his LBJ and another says his tie rods ends were trashed after using the polyurethane boot.

I think one must avoid driving in heavy rain and obviously, avoid hitting puddles for these to perform satisfactory.
                              RoaR MRT

Comment

Working...
                              X