my best friend drowned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my best friend drowned

Boy what a shitty deal. My best friend was out on the lake with a bunch of my friends and disappeared under water.

It was like 2 in the morning, I had left the party about 8. There were a bunch of people on the pontoon swimming and partying and he was one of 5-6 people in the water. They were in the middle of the lake, which was normal for late night shin digs.
    These people, all of them, are my long time friends. Everyone that is a friend to me has been effected by this, as they were either there, or are married to someone that was there.
    We are a very tight group of friends, and this has been terrible for all of us.

Anyways, back to the story;

a couple friends that were there describe him swimming under water, jumping out by the boat and splashing people before it happened.

My buddy who was driving the boat(it was anchored at the time)felt a thud, and the boat rocked a little but nobody really thought anything of it. It's a big lake, those sounds are normal when you are out in the middle.

So, a while later a couple people in the water asked the people in the boat if they'd seen Mike(was his name) and that's when they realized something was wrong.

Nobody had seen him.

The rest of the story is even worse. It took 911 responders 2 hours to get there, at which point its like 4 am. All of my friends put on life jackets and were swimming around trying to find him, it was total panic.

They still haven't found his body. This happened Saturday night/early Sunday morning. He drowned in 70+ foot deep water.

Fuck man, fucking sucks. Mike was my best man, my best friend and I am the godfather to his children. We have been closer than white on rice since 2001.

Such a horrible deal....

Be safe guys, sorry for the vent/rant. I know there isn't much anyone can say about it besides offer condolences, and I'm really not looking for that.

Just, the next time you breathe a nice breath, eat a nice meal or have a good time-enjoy it. Indulge in it.

You never know what's gonna happen in life, so please, if you read my story and care at all, just take a minute out of your life and be gratefull for something. Anything really, just
    enjoy something and appreciate everything.

Appreciate the time you have, and always make sure the people you care about know you care about them. It's important.

-Justin
    Originally posted by wed3k
    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

sorry to hear that man. i know it can be hard to lose someone that close. stay strong bro.

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Sorry to hear that about your friend man.

Comment

Thanks guys.

seriously though, hug someone you love, enjoy a nice sunset, breathe a deep breath of fresh air....SOMETHING.

If you can do this, and maybe pass the message along I'll be happy with that.

Mike was a good man, and this was a horrible accident. Thats all I can really say. It sucks. It really makes you think about the end, and just how quick it could come up on you.

SO, enjoy something for me today. Enjoy something for Mike, or better yet, enjoy something for yourself with me in mind.
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your loss, not easy to deal with the loss of a close friend. Chin up!
          I am grateful for everything that I have and I express my love for my friends and family every chance that I get.
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Chinned up

Comment

Dude similar thing happened to me in 2004 but on july 4th. We were at folsom lake and my friend kalin and 2 other guys were swimming out to a marker and back to shore and he went under never got back to shore. So tomorrows the anniversary of that. I'm actually hanging out with the girl who was his girlfriend tomorrow. Totally forgot about that. Im younger by like 8 years so I don't remember everything that had happened. But yah... just a freak accident.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
              It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Sorry to hear bro...ive been seeing so many things happen around that makes be more greatly for my life which makes me want to focus on spending it loving the ones that cares and not focus on the not so important things (like money).
                1993 Accord LX - Sold
                93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Sent You Some Rep TC!

It's tough to lose people who you've had a "connection" with. It's like a part of you sorta died too.
                  Stay strong, be with friends and family .. and please keep us all updated!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

sorry to hear for your loss man..RIP Mike

Lou's Build Thread!
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
                    "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

So very sorry for your loss. I appreciate you letting us hear your sorrow and pass on your reflections to life.
                      Be strong is a weird saying ...no you don't have to...you can let yourself morn cause it's a way of expressing you love for the departed.
                      My wife last week had her leg removed and I had to cheer her up before and after..."Be strong" I was told. No...we broke down and cried...felt better.
                      She asks...."Why did this happen to me, I'm a good person?" Why indeed......Because it just does.
                      ♥ ...no need to hate with all this $hit in our world.
                      You loved your friend and THAT will endure.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
                      New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
                      My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Shit man, I'm sorry to hear about that!
                        I almost lost my best friend a few years ago due to medical issues. Scared the shit out of me. I can't imagine how hard it must be.
                        If there's anything I can do, just let me know. Even if you just need to talk about it. I'm always good to listen, if nothing else!

Comment

Originally posted by SilverShadow View Post
                          So very sorry for your loss. I appreciate you letting us hear your sorrow and pass on your reflections to life.
                          Be strong is a weird saying ...no you don't have to...you can let yourself morn cause it's a way of expressing you love for the departed.
                          My wife last week had her leg removed and I had to cheer her up before and after..."Be strong" I was told. No...we broke down and cried...felt better.
                          She asks...."Why did this happen to me, I'm a good person?" Why indeed......Because it just does.
                          ♥ ...no need to hate with all this $hit in our world.
                          You loved your friend and THAT will endure.
                          Thanks for the kind words man. Really to all of you, thank you for your support.

It's been pretty rough. His soon to be wife and kids have been at my house since she found out. She's a mess, my wifes a mess, my kids are a mess, really, its pretty hard on just about everyone I care about.

He came to family functions and shit and helped me do all kinds of work for my mother in law and old man. He was/is/will be remembered as family to a lot of people.

RIP Mike for sure, I wish they could just find his body already. It's pretty hard thinking about what its gonna be like when they do find him.

His parents and fiancee have asked me to ID him if needed, I dunno if I can do it.

Shits all bad

Comment

sorry about your loss, stay strong.

Comment

Wow that's fucking heavy.

Lots of thoughts and prayers going your way man, all good vibes to get you guys through it.

I couldn't even imagine what it would be like, but I know you got to be strong and be there for his family for sure, especially being god father of his kids.

Not much else I can say, except sorry to hear about that unfortunate event.

Comment

Working...
                              X