Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How tough is a CB7??

NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART!!
    Have you ever wondered how tough our CB are?? Well I will find out with one poor unlucky CB. I will be building a 91 LX into a demo derby car For a May 14 derby. The car has no title so its only a parts car at best. I am removing all the good parts as I can for spares/sell so dont think im just wasting any parts. I cannt just let this car go to the scrap yard with out letting it have one last time in the spot light. Ill be updating this with pics as I build the car and after the derby. Please dont hate cus I really hate to do this too.
    This is the last days of a 91 CB7 LX.

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

Last edited by NightmareCB7; 04-15-2011, 02:37 PM.

Should have posted this before you ripped it apart. You can file for lost title at the BMV usually.

I can tell you it's not going to last long against the old big body domestics. My advice to you is to use the rear end as much as possible as a battering ram. (You had to relocate the fuel tank, right?) Try to get some gnarly snow tires on the front end if the local rules don't forbid it and protect the front as much as possible, since that's where EVERYTHING is in our cars. Have a friend get video! Good luck!!! I bet she's going to be quick as hell, but she wasn't designed to take a good impact.

Comment

dude fuck it, you're halfway there make it a rally car lmao
      Originally posted by scudweiser
      it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

NOOOOOO!!!! NOT THE CONCORD METALLIC BLUE!!
        '91 Concord Metallic Blue. Status: under construction

Comment

lol, this is going to be awesome. Pics and vids in action are a MUST!

But, like visualpoet said, it won't last too long if you're in there with a bunch of land yachts. CBs are insanely light compared to 80's and 70's domestic cars that I usually see in derbies.

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

dude if i knew you, or were local i would let you borrow my Contour for this lol
            Originally posted by scudweiser
            it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Most places I believe have a mini class for vehicles with a wheelbase under 114". IDK if that Cord will qualify for that or not... If not, your gonna have a sore neck in the morning.

Beat the ass end off it like it was them asian twins from austin powers. Doesn't matter if the ass end gets crushed, nothing important is back there anyways, except the gas tank if you didnt have to relocate it. Using the front end, try to make solid but not hard hits, and at a bit of an angle to avoid puncturing the rad or a tire.

And if you don't post video and pix, I will personally come demonstrate to you why no one gets out of their car in a derby...
              "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
              "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
              Disregard females, acquire currency
              BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

It will be in the compact class. The wheelbase limit is 106 and Im right at it.

I have be running in the compacts for years so I know how to set them up to last. Ive done my research on these car and they are good compacts with the right steel bumper on the front and the rears pack in nicely.

The fuel tank will be moved into the back seat for safety. All the wires under the hood will be relocated/moved to a more saver place so things can move. Im the only one around here that likes the FI over carbs and knows how to set them up right.

BTW the car is not a true blue CB. It was repainted at some point and the door jams are still the factory paint witch is a dark blue/ black.
                I will take a lot of pics and have video of it on youtube.

Comment

They're pretty tough, I have to mud home in mine on the daily. Foot deep ruts? CB duz not likez.

I think a wagon would make a wicked sweet demo car, (sorry Izzy-and other wag owners!).

Next season if the world's fair in Tundbridge holds their derby I'm gonna go look for an older Malibu or a Taurus or something and enter.

Looks like fun. I just recently helped a buddy tear down an ED7 for the tar track.

life is good.

Comment

I might race it before the derby too. They will have an autocross before the derby and I know the CB is very fast. Maybe an easy win.lol

I ran a Taurus last year and they hold up nicely. The only probblem I had was they change the rules for that year. The wheelbase limit was 104 and the Taurus is 106. I had to run it in a stock class with full size cars. My back didnt like that after that. I still got 2nd.

Comment

Make a custom header with 4 tubes coming out of the hood for the ultimate in bad-assness.

You dont even have to use new metal. Just find some and weld it to the exhaust mani flange. It's not like it needs to last. lol.

Comment

I will make a new header for it. Ive got everything for it just have to cut a new flange first. I cant wait to hear it.

Comment

That front frame rail is pretty damn stout if you can weld a setup to that. My friend t-boned a bitch in his wagon at 55mph and that frame rail (where the cruise control tank sits) only crinkled a little bit. The whole side of the car should have been ripped off but it didn't. So support the front with something and you will be good to go.

Comment

Best of luck friend! Go hard or go home, we are counting on you to make the name cb7 proud!

Comment

Ill have a good stout bumper in her and a lot of weldin done all over. She should hold up fairly well.

Go hard or go home is all I know. My foot will be on the floor and theyll know what a CB can do.

Comment

Working...
                              X