Computer bittorrent help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer bittorrent help

So I needed some help trying to download a bittorrent on my laptop. I have no clue how they work or what I need to download a bittorrent. Everyone explains its very simple but Im lost and the internet isnt helping me...

any help would be appreciated lol

edit: damn I thought this was the computer forum my bad!

You download a torrent, you open it in bittorrent and it begins to download from peers

The wonders of p2p file sharing.

Comment

whats the name of a bittorrent I can open these things in? any where do I download these torrents?

Comment

bittorrent IS the name of a torrent sharing program. utorrent is another. google either of those, download them (I use utorrent) then go somewhere like kickasstorrents.com to find what you want to download.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

download and install "uTorrent" it lets you open .torrent files. These file contain tracking information about "where to find" the actual media content that you are looking for. Once the file is opened in uTorrent, it will use the tracking information to find and download your desired stuff.

Because this is how it works, these "tracking" torrent files can get old over time, lacking information about new sources for the new stuff. You will want to find a website that publishes reliable, up-to-date torrent files. kickasstorrents, iptorrent, etc etc theres a million of them.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Most of the larger torrent sites will show you active "seeders" and "leechers". You want the torrent with the highest number of "seeders", as these are the people that you are downloading the file from.

Comment

Just to add to what others have said, I use vuze and most torrents come from the pirate bay.

Comment

Thanks for the information on this subject
                http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Wikipedia has some good information here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torrent_file
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent

Anyone can create a torrent (and associated .torrent file) and share it with anyone else. In order to use a torrent, you need a torrent client. BitTorrent is a corporation that publishes BitTorrent, and I believe they endorse µTorrent now as well.

Either way, I prefer Deluge as my client.

Beware, malware, spyware and generally bad *ware is everywhere in P2P. If you don't know your way around I highly advise you install, enable, and use up-to-date anti-* (virus, etc.) software!

Comment

I personally use bitcommit. Imo it is the fastest but it can be hard to use for n00bs. The ui is very complicated
                    visit vgruk

Comment

What is there to be complicated?
                      I use the original BitTorrent software, and it's never let me down. Click a link, the program opens, I say where to save the file... and boom. Download begins.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        What is there to be complicated?
                        I use the original BitTorrent software, and it's never let me down. Click a link, the program opens, I say where to save the file... and boom. Download begins.
                        Well the original bit torrent softwate works just fine. I just like bitcommit because it tends to be a little more agressive in its downloads and I it has a few more settings I can tweak to get the best out of the software.

Im an impatient man. I need my movies NOW!
                        visit vgruk

Comment

Ya this should have went in the PC section, oh wellzz.

I use Utorrent, as it seems to be the lightest footprint I can find.

I have mine tweaked pretty good as well, and fowarded ports are a must.

I also use a private tracker though.

Comment

Indeed. As should h22sparkle's PS4 thread.

RyanD, since the computer section is your baby, I'm making you a mod of OT as well. Any threads that belong in the computer section can be moved there.

Comment

I would not put it in the computer section. This whole thread is against the rules in the computer section. Almost broke every rule. Lmfao. *Edit I can't stop laughing about it. You gotta try it,read this whole thread then go to the computer section and read the rules.
                              Last edited by cb7 calling; 11-19-2013, 07:30 PM.
                              ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Working...
                              X