Forum dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum dead?

It has been nearly 2 days since i posted in the performance section. It turns out nobody made even a single post in this section, what has happened with cb7tnr in my absence?

No projects at the moment... danm

2k20:
    For sale Demon+ tunerview RD2 Make offer brand new in box

facebook group killed this forum.
    COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchaccord View Post
      It has been nearly 2 days since i posted in the performance section. It turns out nobody made even a single post in this section, what has happened with cb7tnr in my absence?
      It's not entirely dead, its just a lot slower now. There are quite a few new people coming on the forum every week, and MRT and Off Topic sub-forums are going strong (at least that's how things are from my newer perspective). A lot of people moved their activity over to the Facebook group for different reasons.

Deev is working right now on a plan to revamp the DIY sub-forum and create a new, formatted reviews section in an attempt to increase traffic.
      *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
      ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
      ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
      "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
      The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
      Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Well, could it maybe also be the fact that the cb7 gets older and older? when i started modifying my cb7 it was about 10 years old, today's equivalent would be a 04 accord, rendering the cb7 a "classic"

Times come and go, i still think the cb7 in one of the best looking accords to date.

My BBB is still running strong (though it has some rust) its been on and off trader websites every 2-3 yrs or so,and every time it's tempting to buy it back. Same goes for my 99 accord.

Good to hear that deev is thinking of new concepts.

...the good ool times...
        Last edited by Dutchaccord; 08-18-2014, 03:58 PM. Reason: typo

No projects at the moment... danm

2k20:
        For sale Demon+ tunerview RD2 Make offer brand new in box

Comment

Dammit, I had a reply typed and clicked away before I sent it!

Anyway, yeah... the Facebook page has slowed things down to a crawl on here. We're working on refreshing the DIY section, and encouraging new submissions.
          I'm also in the process of figuring out an improved search bar, and finding a way to make the site more phone-friendly (since a lot of people say they hate browsing here because they only use their phones.)

One cool thing is that our European members are growing in number. We have a few guys from Finland, Denmark, Germany, France (though the one or two French members seem to have trouble with English.)
          I remember the days when you, Bille, and UKaccord were our only European members!

It really is strange to think that when I first got into Accords, the 6th generation was still brand new! Now, the 6th gens are beaters, just like the CB7s!

Anyway, I'm glad to see you're still around Stefan! (or is it Stephan? I can never remember the spelling!) I hope all is well!

Comment

Not dead, just refined

Comment

One good thing is that the amount of fighting and immaturity on here is at an all-time low!
              Just don't talk about the new Dodge Hellcat...

Comment

^^^

Comment

Yodge Hellcat!!

It's a soft D.

Our cars are old as dirt and nobody wants them...which makes them that much more special.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

sonikaccord: Our cars are old as dirt and nobody wants them...which makes them that much more special.
                    2015 - Silver anniversary

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      One good thing is that the amount of fighting and immaturity on here is at an all-time low!
                      Just don't talk about the new Dodge Hellcat...

Yep, that's the first all out arguing I have seen live on here since I joined back in February.

Deev, you have a job on your hands to make a mobile version of this site, well, depending on how custom you want it to be. Would it be more beneficial to make an app? I teach at a school that has an app programming class. Every student needs to come up with a project for this school year. I could pitch this to the class if you were up for it.
                      *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                      ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                      ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                      "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                      The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                      Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

I think I'm going to try to incorporate tapatalk, or a similar thing. Basically, just an add-on that changes the way the site is viewed on a mobile browser.

Personally, I HATE mobie-optimized sites. Even though they're easier to navigate in some ways, I prefer to have CB7tuner show up as CB7tuner.
                        This site's appearance may be a bit dated, and the black background is a little odd... but to me, it's as much a part of the site's identity as the members and their cars!

BUT, what good is a site that nobody wants to visit?

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                          Yodge Hellcat!!

It's a soft D.

Our cars are old as dirt and nobody wants them...which makes them that much more special.
                          Not here. These people want around $2000 for a rusted out crap box about like mine. Then they post the hell out of them on craigslist everyday for months.

This is a $2300 Accord in my area. Notice the faded paint, dented front fender, and won't disclose the mileage. http://springfield.craigslist.org/cto/4526141567.html

Here is a $2000 Accord. Rusted rear fenders, only 288,000 miles. http://springfield.craigslist.org/cto/4619678891.html

Here is an ok Accord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He want's $2,525, $4,500 or $7,050. Or trade for an airplane, gold brick or a rocket ship. He will also take payments. http://springfield.craigslist.org/bar/4612688884.html

Here is a more "affordable" Accord. Don't mind the smahsed front end or the fact that it has 250,000 miles on it. PRICE DROP! Down from $1600 for the weekend, he needs it gone! http://springfield.craigslist.org/cto/4548865971.html

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                            Not here. These people want around $2000 for a rusted out crap box about like mine. Then they post the hell out of them on craigslist everyday for months.

This is a $2300 Accord in my area. Notice the faded paint, dented front fender, and won't disclose the mileage. http://springfield.craigslist.org/cto/4526141567.html

Here is a $2000 Accord. Rusted rear fenders, only 288,000 miles. http://springfield.craigslist.org/cto/4619678891.html

Here is an ok Accord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He want's $2,525, $4,500 or $7,050. Or trade for an airplane, gold brick or a rocket ship. He will also take payments. http://springfield.craigslist.org/bar/4612688884.html

Here is a more "affordable" Accord. Don't mind the smahsed front end or the fact that it has 250,000 miles on it. PRICE DROP! Down from $1600 for the weekend, he needs it gone! http://springfield.craigslist.org/cto/4548865971.html

Yeah I was recently in the market for a vehicle and briefly considered another CB7 however after seeing how much people wanted for rusted out accords because as they all like to say "gas prices and economy" I ended up getting an old s10 for $700.

Comment

^^^ Same here. I'm looking at getting an old 240 because they are the same price. About $2500.

Comment

Working...
                              X