Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Do 92-93 CB7 front bumpers have OEM spots to fit foglights??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do 92-93 CB7 front bumpers have OEM spots to fit foglights??

It was brought to my attention today that 92-93 CB7's have a bumper that have both the turning signal and foglight slots like the 90-91 Honda Accord's have.....I don't think so, as much as I've looked around everywhere, most people seem to have just taken a 90-91 Accord bumper and replaced their 92-93 Accord's with them. Also if I were to get a 90-91 bumper will it bolt up perfect to my 93 CB7?? Or will some modifications need to be done?

Not to say any names, but they have told me that the OEM foglights look a lot better than universal foglights. I was thinking of getting some PILOT universal foglights and mounting them on my bumper without any cutting.

But also I read in a thread that there is a fine line on the 92-93 bumpers that you can cut out to fit fog lights, but my 93 does not have a line to cut it....

All help appreciated as always from all the members here on CB7Tuner.

new $10 purple/yellow tint fog lights

H22a Sleeper:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=124470

its there, just wipe the inside with a rag and water...its real faint!

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

yea i just bought a 92/93 front bumper for my 91, its definately there yours is probly just old and hard to see now. people on here say that the front bumpers are off a lil bit and you have to get diff. headlights, corners and grill but it fit fine on mine so idk.... and yes in my opinion the oems look better get to it
      Last edited by oh_snap; 02-15-2009, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post
        its there, just wipe the inside with a rag and water...its real faint!
        Originally posted by oh_snap View Post
        yea i just bought a 92/93 front bumper for my 91, its definately there yours is probly just old and hard to see now. people on here say that the front bumpers are off a lil bit and you have to get diff. headlights, corners and grill but it fit fine on mine so idk.... and yes in my opinion the oems look better get to it
        Ohh ok. Yeah I just never really noticed it, never took apart the bumper or anything, I thought it'll be visible from the outside, but I'll be sure to check it out and look closely I'll check it out and get back to you guys on it. I got one person to say that they look better than universal, anyone else?

new $10 purple/yellow tint fog lights

H22a Sleeper:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=124470

Comment

Umm since oem are kinda hard to find, and there are some driving lights at pepboys for like 22 bucks that are clear and kind of look like the oem ones, which I might put on since there arent a lot of accords in chicago( that I have seen) with oem fog lights. DAmn I wish I had a fully loaded se! lol

Comment

Yeah the line is there. Just clean and wipe as stated above. I also find that a little armor all helps to make the line stand out.

and yes, the OEM ones look a whole lot better than aftermarket.

Hope that helps.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
            JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

I just finished working on my fogs. They're not done yet. Give yourself a lot of time. I worked from 10am -1030pm and I'm still not done. I was thinking about these threads and took some pictures. Also: You can cut the bumper with a utility knife. It's very soft.

MRT
              37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
              30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
              27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
              Originally posted by Tippey764
              I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
              Originally posted by deevergote
              sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Air hacksaw works great. Just get rid of fuzzies. Finished mine in 1HR.
                http://WWW.DUBWISE.NET

My Job!

9DUBWISE 92 LXhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142580

RHD ITR conversionhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172577

Comment

Originally posted by 9DUBWISE View Post
                  Air hacksaw works great. Just get rid of fuzzies. Finished mine in 1HR.
                  Took me a while to run all the wiring.
                  The longest bit was spent on removing the bumper nuts. 2 and a half hours each!
                  I got one off, then cut the other one.
                  MRT
                  37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                  30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                  27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                  Originally posted by Tippey764
                  I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Actually the main question was if 92-93 have fog light ports like the 90-91.

Yes they do apparently. Question answered. Now he doesn't have to get a new bumper and wonder if it bolts right on or not which I think it does correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Ok let me try this , this is the first ? I have answered!
                      1. Yes the bumpers will fit I have a 91 with 92/93 bumper .
                      2. Yes there is an almost invisible line on the inside of the bumper for the fog light.
                      3. IMO the factory fog light s 90/91 look better than 92/93 but both look far better than aftermarket lights im look for a nice set my self so far THE OEMS have the best look on our cars IMO!.
                      I think I got all his ?'s.

Originally posted by JDM_H22_SLEEPER View Post
                      It was brought to my attention today that 92-93 CB7's have a bumper that have both the turning signal and foglight slots like the 90-91 Honda Accord's have.....I don't think so, as much as I've looked around everywhere, most people seem to have just taken a 90-91 Accord bumper and replaced their 92-93 Accord's with them. Also if Iwere to get a 90-91 bumper will it bolt up perfect to my 93 CB7?? Or will some modifications need to be done?

Not to say any names, but they have told me that the OEM foglights look a lot better than universal foglights. I was thinking of getting some PILOT universal foglights and mounting them on my bumper without any cutting.

But also I read in a thread that there is a fine line on the 92-93 bumpers that you can cut out to fit fog lights, but my 93 does not have a line to cut it....

All help appreciated as always from all the members here on CB7Tuner.
                      Better to have and not need , than to need and not have!
                      Life is simple make choices and don't look back

MRT http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=173251

Comment

Working...
                      X