iphone 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
    I used to be on the iPhone bandwagon, I had an iPhone 3, then upgraded to a 4, then I realized that the ONLY way an iPhone is even REMOTELY useful is if you jailbreak it. Then I got to looking into Android devices and realized you could do more with a stock Android phone than you can a jailbroke iPhone and I quickly abandoned ship. Haven't owned, nor will I ever own another i device. The S3 is a beast of a phone, I'm currently looking into getting a Samsung Note, yes, it's a big ass phone, but, that's what I want. And it does everything I want/need, so, that's what I'm going to get!
    i never needed to root my htc...as long as i can make phone calls, use wifi and use the ultimate lightsaber app when im drunk then im happy
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      I have the iPhone4 (not the 4s) so I'll likely upgrade eventually. Once all the bugs are worked out. I like the 4, and honestly, I don't really NEED more... but I'm sure there will be some nice features. I'll get it as an upgrade to my phone plan, so it won't be full market price, at least.
      i had the 4. it was vastly superior to the 3g, and at the time it was an awesome phone. but i got bored of it in 2 weeks. i was severely disappointed in apple for their insane limitations on what you can actually do with it, not to mention their absurd procedures for app approvals. i gave it away, got an android and never looked back.

since then, apple has just pissed me off more and more and more. i cant imagine i would ever be tempted to switch back, and their own hypocritical marketing makes me wonder if im the only person who sees apple for the liars and thieves they really are.

-build on open source code, contribute nothing back
      -patent technology other companies are already sharing, then sue them for it
      -leave out popular features and claim the user would never need them anyway (copy and paste, large screen, high speed networking, notification bar, multitasking.......)
      -start including the features they claimed they never would, call it 'revolutionary' even though other phones have already had these features
      -apps to replace missing functions are not allowed, but apps blatently ripping off other peoples software is okay
      -implement a software feature, then release new hardware (and the software will only work with the new hardware, just because)
      -release firmware updates that cause older devices (which used to work awesomely) to start failing at simple tasks

i could go on and on, but my point is that apple could literally take a shit in a plastic box and you sheep would still wait in line to spend $800 on it.

ANDROID.

[edit] AND if you decide to jailbreak and get access to hidden features, free-paid apps, custom apps etc you are opening yourself up to A LOT of malware and other delicious problems.
      Last edited by stevediraddo; 09-19-2012, 04:15 PM.

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

Originally posted by BurtonRiderT6 View Post
        The iPhones can't download videos to the phone off the internet or anything else without it going through iTunes. The S3 doesn't require approval, with that said, there's nothing like having a good "adult film" with you everywhere you go, haha. Now I just gotta find out how to hide it in another file.
        Download the program called 'Vaulty'
        92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
        2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
        2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
          is it still made in china?
          What isn't these days?
          Well my Galaxy Nexus is made in S.Korea

1993 Honda Accord EX

Comment

I won't.

Most of you know this already lol.

I actually just got my Galaxy Nexus yesterday.

So far I love it, it is an exact replica of my Nexus 7.

I can now die happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
              I won't.

Most of you know this already lol.

I actually just got my Galaxy Nexus yesterday.

So far I love it, it is an exact replica of my Nexus 7.

I can now die happy.
              Yay, I'm not the only one with a Galaxy Nexus.

Which version are you running? ICS or JB?

1993 Honda Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhoenix82 View Post
                Yay, I'm not the only one with a Galaxy Nexus.

Which version are you running? ICS or JB?
                Ics. When are they sending out jb?

I'm not rooting this phone so hopefully they roll it out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                  Ics. When are they sending out jb?

I'm not rooting this phone so hopefully they roll it out soon.
                  Well it depends on which build you have. I personally have yakju which means I get the updates from Google directly (and I already have JB). There are Galaxy Nexus's that get their updates from Samsung which means they get delayed for a while. If you're only Verizon or Sprint then you'll get the updates when Verizon and Sprint get around to finishing them and releasing them since they are different than GSM GNex's.

If you don't know which build you have, download Android System Info from the Play Store and it will tell you under the builds section. If you don't have yakju or takju then you'll get the updates from Samsung.

You can easily, (very easily) convert to Takju/yakju so you can get OTAs from Google. (It's not rooting or anything like that). You can either wait until Samsung rolls it out or convert. (If you want to convert, this is a how-to thread on xda-developers: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1626895 )

1993 Honda Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by stevediraddo View Post
                    i had the 4. it was vastly superior to the 3g, and at the time it was an awesome phone. but i got bored of it in 2 weeks. i was severely disappointed in apple for their insane limitations on what you can actually do with it, not to mention their absurd procedures for app approvals. i gave it away, got an android and never looked back.

since then, apple has just pissed me off more and more and more. i cant imagine i would ever be tempted to switch back, and their own hypocritical marketing makes me wonder if im the only person who sees apple for the liars and thieves they really are.

-build on open source code, contribute nothing back
                    -patent technology other companies are already sharing, then sue them for it
                    -leave out popular features and claim the user would never need them anyway (copy and paste, large screen, high speed networking, notification bar, multitasking.......)
                    -start including the features they claimed they never would, call it 'revolutionary' even though other phones have already had these features
                    -apps to replace missing functions are not allowed, but apps blatently ripping off other peoples software is okay
                    -implement a software feature, then release new hardware (and the software will only work with the new hardware, just because)
                    -release firmware updates that cause older devices (which used to work awesomely) to start failing at simple tasks

i could go on and on, but my point is that apple could literally take a shit in a plastic box and you sheep would still wait in line to spend $800 on it.

ANDROID.

[edit] AND if you decide to jailbreak and get access to hidden features, free-paid apps, custom apps etc you are opening yourself up to A LOT of malware and other delicious problems.
                    Look at this big, tough, thug.

So we don't agree with you so we must be sheep? Sounds like the Android guys who refuse to use Apple because it is Apple.

The problem with Android is that because it is open source, it tends to run a lot worse, especially over time. I have an Android right now and it is steaming pile of shit. Crashes, runs slow, inconsistent battery usage, sends texts to the wrong people, freezes and on and on and on. Long story short, if Sprint had an iPhone when I got this thing, I wouldn't have gotten this thing.

I have no interest in jail breaking my phone. I want something that calls, texts and works without fail. period. So far, Android has been unable to deliver on ANY device we have had. So if that makes me a sheep, then bah bah bah.

P.S. I am far from an Apple supporter, but I do love my iPad, and in my line of work, that reliability takes on a whole new dimension.

P.S.S. you might want to do a little more research on the rounded corners thing, because I am pretty sure that was actually patented with the original Mac back in 1984. I find it highly unlikely that smartphone companies were open sharing those before Apple patented them. Besides, clearly Apple had a concrete enough case to win, which means it stood up to independent review. You might want to get your facts straight instead of regurgitating what you read on a Droid forum.

You don't have to like or own Apple. That is your free choice. However, running around calling anyone that does a mindless sheep is NOT your free choice, and is as unacceptable as telling someone their improper body work sucks, or their mods are lame.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I'd take an iPhone 5 if Steve Jobs himself hand delivered it to me. Other than that, no thanks!

Comment

i must be a sheep.... ill be getting one in a few weeks.

"Tucking tires and wires."
                        The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
                          I'd take an iPhone 5 if Steve Jobs himself hand delivered it to me. Other than that, no thanks!
                          I say the same thing about Fords and Mike Rowe, I'd buy one if Mike Rowe was there to sell it to me.

I agree with stevediraddo and owequitit, both have excellent points. I had an iPhone for a while and as the newer ones came out I just wasn't as impressed. I'm neither an Apple Fanboy or a Droid Fanboy. I just look to see what will benefit me more. It seems no matter which phone you get it is still a computer and will have times of slow responses and freezing up for moments. My iPhone would do it all the time and now the S3 I have is doing it as well. Maybe I'm just trying to do too much at once, who knows I don't think I am. I will say that I watched the iPhone 5 reveal event and it seemed that a lot of the things they were revealing I had already had with the S3. Just seems like there is a never ending war with the Apples Fans and the Droid Fans. I stand neutral, waiting for the next latest and greatest, for now I have the S3.

Comment

My only real beef with the iPhone is that you need to use iTunes to load anything on it. I HATE iTunes!
                            This^
                            I can't stand how itunes works...

I bought the GS3 about a month ago and couldn't possibly need anything else in a phone...

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                            BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                            Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                            CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                              is it still made in china?
                              What isn't these days?
                              Even lambos are made in china.

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                              i must be a sheep.... ill be getting one in a few weeks.
                              ive been a sheep.

i just got the 4S a year ago. So im not due for an upgrade until next year. so i guess i can wait for the iphone 5-S.

im just upset that after upgrading to ios6 that the youtube feature isnt available anymore. however you can still download it as an app, but it doesnt function the same anymore.

Comment

Just got an HTC One X. As soon as I can figure it out, I'll post back to let ya know what I think. So far I love it. The screen is HUGE, it has Beats Audio, and it's an Android.

Comment

Working...
                                X