No announcement yet.

Looking for a good CAMERA need help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are you looking for a digital camera or a full body DSLR camera?

If so do not get the Nikon coolpix series digital cameras. My gf and I tried one and it sucked for quality. She ended up getting a sony cybershot.

My real camera tho is the Nikon d60. But not in your budget as stated above.

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
      are you looking for a digital camera or a full body DSLR camera?

If so do not get the Nikon coolpix series digital cameras. My gf and I tried one and it sucked for quality. She ended up getting a sony cybershot.

My real camera tho is the Nikon d60. But not in your budget as stated above.
      agreed, nikon point and shoot's really suck. for that i'd go with a good canon or sony. 300 will get you a really nice point and shoot brand new with an extended warantee, which i would suggest.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
        agreed, nikon point and shoot's really suck. for that i'd go with a good canon or sony. 300 will get you a really nice point and shoot brand new with an extended warantee, which i would suggest.

Yeah for 300 I suggest a sony or canon digital point and shoot.

I'm a bit weiry on casio cameras too. I worked for casio and there quality got shitty over time.very blurry pics and not enough focus.

Comment

I didnt know this but, GE makes cameras. They have an X5 model that is a point and shoot. I've never tried it but it may be something to look into. Its definitely in your price range at $180.00!

http://www.general-imaging.com/us/Di...a.aspx?id=1099

I believe Sears sells this model, you may want to play with one at the store and see if it will work for you....

Comment

stay away from the GE's they suck.
            i had one for less than a year and it crapped out under normal operating and care.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Thanks again guys. Looking something I can go to the airshow and take good pics or a carshow. That I can change the lens or buy them. But still looking
              Accord Of The Month January 09
              Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
              BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

my friend uses the Canon EOS REBEL T2i . Takes really great pictures. price is a bit high.

PSN: DJ-dlatino
                My ride
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=140370

Comment

You keep mentioning airshows. Taking airshow shots is like taking bird in flight shots. It's expensive to get good pictures. A high end point and shoot isnt going to cut it at air shows. The minimum is a 70-200 lens+extenders. Most air show shooters use the 100-400 or bigger primes.

I'd look into a cheap 20d or 30d+some good glass later down the road. Keep saving!

1999 Honda Prelude
                  Photography Site

Comment

Originally posted by zelseman View Post
                    You keep mentioning airshows. Taking airshow shots is like taking bird in flight shots. It's expensive to get good pictures. A high end point and shoot isnt going to cut it at air shows. The minimum is a 70-200 lens+extenders. Most air show shooters use the 100-400 or bigger primes.

I'd look into a cheap 20d or 30d+some good glass later down the road. Keep saving!
                    Unfortunately Richie he is right.

Ive tried shooting flying wildlife, mostly Hawks and such with a p+s...extremely hard.

I can only imagine the difficulty of an air show.

If you want great pictures from an air show your going to have to save up a little bit and really invest in glass. That's what is the expensive side of the hobby and produces results.

Keep saving!

Comment

Originally posted by zelseman View Post

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                      Unfortunately Richie he is right.

Ive tried shooting flying wildlife, mostly Hawks and such with a p+s...extremely hard.

I can only imagine the difficulty of an air show.

If you want great pictures from an air show your going to have to save up a little bit and really invest in glass. That's what is the expensive side of the hobby and produces results.

Keep saving!
                      Thanks.. See that what I'm talking about SOME INFO... I'll keep saving then
                      Accord Of The Month January 09
                      Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                      BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

There is some info to get from here, but if you are looking for real info and lots of it check out http://photography-on-the.net/forum or www.nikoncafe.com.

1999 Honda Prelude
                        Photography Site

Comment

Working...
                        X